chapter-1

Once upon a time..... Wait this story ain't old. It's just a chemistry between two people in a city of India. New Delhi.

It was around 11:30 PM people around having brunch in a small hotel some in a rush to catch a metro maybe, some on their phone scrolling or talking with their eye brows knitted or with a loud laugh. Everything seemed to be so cinematic to 6 year old Ahaana.

Her brown orbs going left sometimes right and taking in her surroundings. Her small hands tugged her mom's dress.

She saw a lady approaching them, there was a small boy holding the lady's hand. The lady looked the same age as her mother she was wearing an organza saree and minimal jewelry the boy who seemed as the lady's son seemed a little too shy, he pulling the lady's saree who seemed to be his and hiding behind her. The lady hugged Ahaana's mom. Both of them greeted each other. Ahaana just looked at them both in wonder she once gazed at the little boy he seemed uncomfortable she gave him a small smile his green orbs just looked at her then looked away.

Ahaana's mom introduced her to the lady her name was Devanshi, she had a long face she also was slightly tall then Ahaana's mom. Well it seemed they were childhood besties and Mrs Deevanshi Deshpande was going to a formal trip with her husband but can't take her son with them and she doesn't have any relatives around so she's going to leave her son with Gupta family for a few days.

About the son his name was Neel Deshpande who's around 8 years old He seemed to be so nonchalant. 7 year old Ahaana wanted to have a conversation with him. But he didn't seem in a mood to do so.

After having a small conversation both the mom's bid goodbye to each other. Mrs Deshpande handed a bag to Ahaana's mom. Which probably had Neel's clothing etc. Mrs Deshpande got into her car and drew away.

Now only Neel was left with Ahaana and her mom. Ahaana's mom noticed how uncomfortable Neel looked. She took Ahaana and Neel to an ice cream parlour. "Have anything you want kids!" She said. Ahaana seemed so excited while Neel remained the same. "Aren't you happy?"
Ahaana asked Neel. "No" he said in a low tune. "It's okay if you're missing your mom, but we'll have lot's of fun this week!" She said cheering up.
"Well choose whatever flavor you want kids" Mrs Gupta said. "I'll have belgium chocolate!" Ahaana said. "Okay and you Neel?" Mrs Gupta asked smiling at the little guy before her. "I don't want to have ice cream" he said while fidgeting his fingers. "Neel ice cream makes my mood all good, maybe try having ice cream it'll make you feel good too" Ahaana said. "I'll have vanilla ice cream" He said while letting go of his fidgeting finger.

Both of them along with Ahaana's mother had their ice creams, the mother took some cute pictures of Ahaana and Neel eating and sharing their ice creams.

They got into a taxi once they finished their ice creams.
"So you kids go home and play, Ahaana has one week holidays from school she can spend all her time with you Neel" She gave Neel a soft smile, Neel just nodded Ahaana seemed so happy.

They all got home. Ahaana's mom had some official stuff to do, she works in a college as a lecturer. She had to go back to the college. Riya didi was the one who took care of Ahaana in the absence of her mom.

Riya didi was supervising both the kids while they were playing. "Neel do you want to play ghar-ghar" Ahaana asked politely with the brightest smile. "No I'm okay" Neel said looking at all the toys on the floor. "Then how about we watch movie!" This time Ahaana asked Neel with high hopes. "Okay" hearing this Ahaana ran over to the TV which was big and displayed on a wall with shelves around. "Which movie Neel?" Ahaana asked as Riya didi was opening the kids channel.
"Any" he replied as his green orbs stuck on the TV screen. "Okay didi play Minions movie" Ahaana said jumping on the couch. "Okay Ahaana baby" Riya didi giggled as she looked at Ahaana adorably.

Ahaana slept in the middle of the  movie. Riya provided her a blanket, Neel kept his gaze on the TV screen he seemed so focused about the movie. Soon he slept beside Ahaana too.

It's us and no one else