Chapter 5

Third-Person POV

NO, NO, NO! This can't happen, not yet! I'll get you! Rui thought.
Tomioka just walked past him, swinging his nichirin sword in a way to make the blood of the demon fall off of his blade. Tanjiro kept crawling towards his sister, who was still in the ground motionless. Tanjiro finally reached Nezuko and he embraced her in a tight hug of relief.
The demon still had consciousness over his body, and he slowly started to walk toward the hurt siblings. Rui then started having flashbacks of his past, when he was still a human...

Rui's POV

As a little kid I was very fragile which made me only be able to stay inside my home all of the time. One day a man came to my home and offered me a deal. If I accepted I would have a stronger body and I would be able to go outside but in return I would not be able to go outside during day time and I would have to eat humans for more strength. My parents disagreed with this idea, yet I still accepted his offer.
My parents had seen me multiple times feasting on humans, and one day my father had planned to kill me. I instantly woke up and attacked both of my parents. My father had died first, but my mother was barely alive, I think she was trying to tell me something. She told me she was sorry, she was sorry that she hadn't given me a strong body. I also remembered that my father had also said something before he tried to stab me. He said that he was sorry for what he was about to do, that he would pay his sin by killing himself after he had killed me because he knew that it would be something unforgivable. He knew he couldn't live with the guilt of killing his own son.
At that moment I felt regret, I felt guilt for killing my parents. They were only trying to help me. I wanted to feel protected. That's why I created a fake family, that's why I wanted that boy's sister to be my sister.