Chapter 2 - Settled In

Nick Pov:

We exit the car, I've woke up properly from the hour drive especially since everyone was so loud. I'm pretty sure that was confirmation they were excited. Well, Larry was being unusually quiet. I wrongfully ignored it until we got to our cabin. He didn't smile, he did before we left? I walked over to Larry's room. "Larry, are you alright buddy?" Nick questioned, bursting into his room. "Yeah, why?" Larry turned. Nick inspected his tired face. "You look very upset and you have like all day." Nick walked forward and looked around the small room. "I'm just tired, I haven't been sleeping well." Larry replied, continuing to unpack his small bag. I petted his soft hair then exited his room. I headed back down the hall and burst into Isaac's room to see him laid in his bed staring at the ceiling above him. "You good?" I said looking over him. "Yeah." Isaac replied, getting up and moving to his door. "I'm hungry." Isaac motioned for me to follow him. I did and they walked out the cabin to the cafeteria. 

The cafeteria was empty besides the 3 ladies that worked there. Isaac took my hand and pulled me towards the counter. "Good morning boys, what can I get for ya'll?" One of the ladies asked. A sweet smile plastered across her face. "Mornin' , may I have 6 burger meals, no sauces for all the burgers and no cheese for one. Thank you." Isaac replied, an even sweeter smile on his face. "Is that all?" The lady asked. "Yes, thank you."  I said trying to loosen Isaac's grip on my wrist.  Soon later, the three ladies brought the food to us. We took the food back to house and set it in the main room.

Isaac left the room to get the others for their burgers. I stayed in the main room. Suddenly, the lights slowly turned green as yellow glitter began to sprinkle down from the now green lights, disappearing  into the wooden floor. I stood up and ran out the room. I bumped into Larry, immediately knocking him to the ground. He grabbed his hand wincing in pain. "Larry- Are you okay?"   I bent down, putting my hand on his shoulder looking over at his hand. Tanner walked out his room sitting in front of Larry. He held his hand in one of his. "What happened?" He looked me in the eyes. "I was running because something in the living room freaked me out and I bumped into him." Tanner look at Larry's hand. Blood dripped from his hand onto the dark wood floor, staining it. Tanner stood up and walked into his room. He remerged with a small med kit sitting back onto the ground. I stood up as Isaac walked in. "The food's getting cold. Come on Nick." Isaac said, I turned to Tanner and Larry but they were gone already. I stood up an exited with Isaac. Everyone was sat around the table, Larry rested his bandaged hand on his leg. It was very obvious he'd been crying but nobody dare mention it. Everyone silently ate their food. The silence was uncomfortable. The quiet was cut short by a loud crash outside. "What the fuck was that?" Yumi said loudly, his voice full of shock and panic. I stood up and made my way to the source of the noise. Grunk following once I reached the back door.