0

Lee Donghyuck,

Lee Donghyuck had always been a quiet child. He would sit at lunch alone,either listening to music or eating peacefully. Donghyuck didn't even bother,he really enjoyed being alone.

He was an only child. His parents were caring but busy. Donghyuck had never went on a trip with his parents before,he barely sees them daily. As much as donghyuck wishes for that to change,he can't do anything about it.

Donghyuck loved singing. Music had always been one of the reasons for donghyuck to continue living. Music was his only friend and best friend. If donghyuck had to pick between music and having friends and a social life,he would pick music.

Donghyuck wasn't that quiet, actually. If you would get to know him you would realize that donghyuck was a fun person,he liked to be sarcastic and playful. Yet,no one noticed such a thing.

The only time donghyuck had real friends was in kindergarten where he met this guy who donghyuck really appreciated. Now, he doesn't even remember the kids name. It was memories that were fun while they lasted.

In elementary school, donghyuck had to switch schools because he moved with his parents to seoul from jeju where he was earlier.  Donghyuck didn't mind moving,he didn't have anything to miss in jeju anyways.

When donghyuck moved in his new school, he was bullied. Not physically but mentally. Lots of kids that were skinner would pick on donghyuck. Donghyuck just started isolating himself from reality. He never told his parents,afraid that he would be a burdensome to them.

In junior high school, donghyuck felt the most lonely. No friends and no life. He just woke up,went to school,came back from school, listened to music,do his homework and the routine repeated itself. His parents got more busy and donghyuck would only get to see his parents just 2-3 hours a day.

Donghyuck wasn't poor, he was lonely. He never attended any school clubs,never tried making friends. Donghyuck liked being alone but he didn't like feeling alone.

High school just started for donghyuck and his first semester now was not as bad as donghyuck thought it would be. Donghyuck decided to join the music club. He made this decision to start feeling alive. He really enjoyed music and his schedule was free so Donghyuck decided after a week that it wouldn't be that difficult to join the club and get along with the people there.

Oh boy was he wrong. Donghyuck felt quite embarrassed,not having friends. When he first entered the club and introduced himself,the club decided to make a welcoming party for the club. Donghyuck went,not thinking much. Unfortunately though,he just sat in the corner of the party,spectating everyone around him have fun.

The club did lots of fun things,they played instruments,did a karaoke party once a week and lastly,they practiced songs as a band to perform at prom later on.

Donghyuck in the band had the role of the singer. Pressure made donghyuck nervous each time. The band members complimented donghyuck but donghyuck felt he was lacking. He wasn't really social either to them so it was awkward.

One thing was sure though, donghyuck was quite thankful for making the decision to join the club. He met someone in the club,called Mark. Mark was foreign and came from canada, his band role was to play the guitar. He was really good at it too.

Donghyuck didn't mind Mark and didn't feel uncomfortable with him. Sometimes Mark would sometimes ask donghyuck to sing so he could play the guitar and practice together,just the two of them.

Donghyuck wouldn't say he made a friend but he certainly considered Mark as someone he sorta talked to. You went to the music club 3 days a week and donghyuck talked to Mark the 3 days.

They didn't say much,but it was chill. Mark would suggest donghyuck to sing a song and mark would play the guitar. It was like busking but instead it was just the two of them, inside the music club with the other band members doing something else.