Life. 7

Word count: 9k

♦♦♦♦

Timeline – Volume 4

Armageddon at the Supernatural Sports Festival!

♦♦♦♦

Jin Skyward's Soliloquy

♦♦♦♦

The sports festival for Kuoh Academy finished a few days ago, and of course, it was the supernatural world's turn. I was on my way home, alone, well...that's what I would have said if I didn't see a crow in front of the school's gate waving at me.

"Yo~, Jin-kun-sama~! Don't you want to move your body around? And I mean a lot! And very enthusiastically?!" said a strangely enthusiastic Azazel as I approached him.

"...What?" I asked a bit weirded out by this.

This psycho...was up to something, and I didn't like it. I'm currently exhausted, you know? You're not a teacher at this school yet, you know...?

Azazel began to squirm around and I took a step back and then brought my phone out. "I better call the police..."

"Stop! What the hell?!" he shouted, lunged forward and stopped me.

So, I stopped and put my phone back in my pocket, and waited for him to say something. He nodded sagely to himself before he spoke. "It's a sports event. Don't you want to participate in another one? I mean, you did get quite hyped up about the human one, you know?"

"More like exhausting. I really don't want to participate in another one," I told him and tried to walk past him, but he grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.

"Now hold on, Jin. My organization is holding it. It's being held by Grigori! Come on, you gotta at least come as the guest of honor! The Three Factions, The Gaelic Alliance, and the Greek Gods are participating, you know?" he said with a smug look.

'All of them...? Well, only a few individuals participated in this from what I can remember, and this was the first time Gabriel was meant to...well, whatever, as long as I don't need to do anything...'

"Fine, but I'm not doing anything. If you do make me do something, I'm immediately leaving," I told him my conditions and he sighed.

"Fine, fine, I'll inform the rest of them. Sheesh, it's like you have a rod up your own ass or something. Lighten up a little," said Azazel but also started to step away from me as he said it.

"...Are we done? I wanna go home."

"You're not staying for club activities?" he asked confused.

"No, now move," I demanded, and he finally relented and moved out of my way.

"I'll tell everyone now~!"

I heard him say behind me. 'Whatever...' I wasn't interested in it, although unless something spectacular happens during it, I won't have the energy for it.

♦♦♦♦

Skyward Household

Nighttime

♦♦♦♦

"Occult Research...!"

"Fighto!"

I was getting water from the kitchen when I walked into the entrance hallway and I found Rias along with everyone else in the club doing some sort of strange chant. I had a vague idea of what they were hyping themselves up about.

"Jin, you heard from Azazel, right?" Rias asked.

I nodded in response and said, "It's about the Supernatural Sports Festival, right?"