Prologue

Now most stories start with a "Once upon a time" and have a happy ending, but the story of the 5 Lands of Arsa'id begin so long ago that no known records exist. The 5 Lands consist of the Outer 4 States of Fire, Water, Earth, and Stars, and the Central Kingdom, which is a very populous and thriving nation. The leaders of the Outer 4 are known as Urvalikal, who have strong magical powers and strong political authority. They are advised by a council, usually consisting of their family and the family of the past Urvalik of their same element. They possess a magical stone that chooses them to wield its power, and proceeds to choose another Urvalik following their death. They work in mysterious ways and cannot be destroyed.

    Profetrees are magical prophetic trees in the Outer 4 States without a beginning or an end. They have foreseen many struggles in the near future. The honored Urvalikal are to combine forces and find a solution or else they will not have a stable future to live in. Just one problem; after a recent war with distant kingdoms, the status of most of the Urvalikal is either unknown or the information of their passage was announced. This means that solving these crises may be laid in the hands of young, untrained civilians.