7: Banquet at the beach

"H-hey..." Ryujin felt embarrassed as Yeji saw her face shortly after crying. She stood up and felt so stiff.

"It's really you..." Yeji chuckled holding back her tears.

"Yeah," Ryujin softly answered looking away.

"Uhm..."

Both of them didn't know what to say next.

"How are you?" they both said at the same time.

"Sorry-" one more time.

Now the awkwardness doubled. It wasn't long till they said the same thing again in chorus.

"You look great."

Yeji chuckled whilst Ryujin kept her composure. She knows how much she missed hearing Yeji laugh.

"Can we talk?" Yeji finally asked.

"Y-yes of course."

"But uhm not right now- I mean we still have the final set and..."

"Yes, I understand." Ryujin gave a faint smile.

Both of them are professionals and they know work should come first before anything else for today.

"I'll see you later, Ryujin." Yeji handed a small piece of folded paper before she left.

Meet me at the shore on the far right side of the resort later at the banquet. -Yeji

-+-

"What's next?" Yuna enthusiastically asked the director. She's still so hyped despite the hot sun during the afternoon. The opposite of her sister who's frowning and almost crushing the bottle of water she's holding. It's her 3rd one.

"That's it for today, we'll continue tomorrow. Good job everyone!" the director yelled.

"Finally!" Ryujin exclaimed on the side. She's pissed since she kept telling the director since 1 pm that the sun isn't good for everyone and for her shots.

"Good job, miss Shin." the director tapped her back with a little chuckle before leaving.

"Ya unnie~ Don't frown too much!" Yuna hit Ryujin.

"It's so hot!" Ryujin complained back.

"Of course, we're here. Hehe~ Let's go!" Yuna grabbed her sister before she could even scold her more.

They went straight to the room provided for them still at Karina's resort. The company will hold a banquet this evening with Kim Jennie joining them to see the operation.

"AAAAAH I'M SO TIRED!" Ryujin complained again.

"I'll use the shower first unnie. I'll be fast," Yuna didn't wait for her answer though and just went it.

Ryujin closed her eyes and used her arm to cover them from the sunlight. She's now thinking of meeting Yeji later, feeling conflicted with all that's happened. She's thinking about what she'd say, what would Yeji say.

It was long enough for Ryujin till she realized Yuna has finished showering and it's now her turn. Without a word, she just went straight to the shower and felt the cold water running down from her head to her body. She felt calmer.

After Ryujin finished, they both talked for a while regarding work before deciding to take a nap. They're in one bed, not facing each other both trying to nap. But Ryujin couldn't.