Chapter 11-Debt Repaid

The figure shoots light at the fireballs, then it hits and they explode. All of the fireballs were now gone and the city was safe.

"Taku!" Using our boosters, we quickly went down towards him. However, as we got close, we realized that it wasn't Takuya or Grid. "You..."

Rather, it was a giant similar to Gridman. Instead of yellow eyes, he had red eyes; his entire body was in a white color and he had yellow lines through his body; his arms and legs were gray; and he had a bright yellow core in the center of his chest.

"Who...are you?" Keiko asked. The giant didn't answer. He held an energy rod in one hand and using the other, he created an energy arrow. We look to see the rod changing and it forms into a bow.

The kaiju recovered and screeched at us. It quickly came flying towards us with black flames on its body and rage in its eyes. The giant aims the energy arrow at the kaiju. "Paladin Arrow!" He shoots the energy arrow using his energy bow. However, as it got close, the kaiju maneuvered around and dodged it.

It opens its mouth and shoots a huge black fireball at us. "Watch out!" We moved out of the way, but then the giant quickly disappeared. "What?"

It appeared behind the kaiju and he aimed another arrow at it. "Paladin Arrow!" He shoots it and it hits its shoulder.

The kaiju lets out a loud screech, then it looks at the giant and charges at it. Its entire body soon became engulfed in black flames and you could see the red eyes of the kaiju.

The giant quickly moved to the side and aimed another arrow at it. He shoots it at the neck and it hits.

"So fast!" Keide said out loud. This giant...he's...helping us...

The injuries to the kaiju's neck and shoulder soon regenerated. It looks at the giant and screeches again. "Hmph!" The giant quickly moved all around it and created mirages of itself.

"So cool!" Keiko said excitedly. The mirages were all around the kaiju. They were in the air, behind it, in front of it; and to the sides; the kaiju had nowhere to go.

They aimed their arrows at it. "Paladin Arrow Storm!" They all shoot arrows at it and they all hit. The kaiju screeches and the arrows explode.

We all braced ourselves for the shockwave and we looked at the giant. "That giant...wait...I remember now!" Akito shouted.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The one kaiju that became Gridman and Dynazenon's ally...Gridknight..."

We all were surprised at what he said and we looked back at the white giant. "So this is-"

"No. Gridknight was purple while this one was white. However, the description seems somewhat the same for this giant." Haruto said.

"So...maybe like Gridman and Dynazenon...Gridknight had a successor." Akito nodded.

The smoke cleared and there was nothing left of the kaiju. All except...one burning feather. The feather suddenly glowed in a red light and we covered our eyes. "W-What's happening?"

In the red light, we saw the black flames grow bigger and we looked to see two red eyes from it. "No...it can't be...!"

The flames became bigger and formed the bird kaiju's burning body. It screeched and glared at us. "It revived!" Keiko shouted.

"Wait...is it just me or is it a little bigger?" Keide asked. We looked at it again. It was indeed larger than before and we could tell how strong it was.

"Not only that, it's gotten more powerful." Haruto added.

"Hmph!" The giant quickly moved around it and shot arrows at it, but the black flames had taken the arrows and the kaiju took no damage.