Chapter 13-Identity

After eating the sandwich and talking to Izumi for a while, my parents and Rin came into the room.

"Takuya!" my mother called out my name.

"Okaa-san, Otou-san. You're here."

My parents came to me and hugged me. "You're okay."

They let me go and I nodded. "I'm alright now."

"That's good," my mother said with a smile.

"Do you remember anything?" my father asked me.

"I remember everything up to the point where...where Grid and I went down..." They both look at me. "But I'm fine now. You don't have to worry." They both smiled at me and so did I.

Izumi stands up. "Well, I suppose I should leave."

"You're leaving already? Are you sure you don't want to stay with Takuya?" my mother asked her.

She shook her head. "I've already been with him before you guys came, so I think I should leave."

"I see. Goodbye then." Izumi waves goodbye to me and leaves.

Rin comes up to me. "Hey Nii-chan, do you need anything?"

I looked at her and rubbed my head. "Well...since I'll be staying here to recover for a while...can I ask you to get something for me?"

Rin tilted her head. "What is it?"

"Rin...can you...get me my writing materials?"

Rin stares at me, then she gives me a glare. "You're joking..."

I shook my head. "I'm serious. I don't know what to do while I stay here."

She keeps on glaring at me. "Do you need it right now?"

"I...guess?" She glares at me even more intensely, then she sighs.

"Fine. I guess I'll ask Izumi or the others to take me so I can get it." She calms down and looks at our parents. "Can I get the keys to the house?"

My father hands her the keys and she waves goodbye, leaving the room.

My father sits down on a chair. He sighs and looks at me. "Still going to write even though you're injured."

"I'm alright father. Besides, didn't you do many things while injured as well?"

My mother giggles and my father laughs nervously. "Well...I suppose you're right there...but it was mostly Gridman."

The T.V turns on and Grid appears. "Yo, Hibiki family."

My mother was startled. "Grid!"

"Gomen, did I show myself at the wrong time?" Grid asked with an apologetic voice.

My father shook his head. "No, it's fine. I've actually been wanting to talk to you."

"What would you like to talk about?"

My father looks at him with a serious face. "Grid, I know you did your best to not only protect Izumi and them, but Takuya as well. However, my wife and I don't like to see him in any more danger than he's already in."

He stares at him, then nods. "I believe I understand. You wish for me to leave, correct?"

My father shook his head. "You have your mission. I was with Gridman, so I understand. But...can you promise me, promise us, that you'll do your absolute best to protect him?"

"Otou-san..."

Grid looks at me and then back at my father, he nods. "Of course, Hibiki Yuta. I will improve myself along with him to better protect the ones he loves and protect this world from all threats. We will do our best to protect one another."