THE HARLEM WAY: FINAL CHAPTERS {PART 2}

TOOK A YEAR AND A DAY 🙃🙃. Breaking it down because it's been a struggle trying to update consistently.

Hope this holds y'all over for a lil while. The next part will be a short(not so short, maybe). THEN THE FINAL CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED.

I'm tired of me making y'all wait too, 🥹😩 it's been challenging. Thank y'all for all the continued to support and encouragement 🫶🏾🤎

 Thank y'all for all the continued to support and encouragement 🫶🏾🤎

JAH

Rai' wasn't acting like herself and it had me worried, no lie. Besides being sick day in and day out, she was oddly bubbly. Considering the news that her former best friend had just died, she seemed unfazed.

"How is she?" Kofi questioned.

"I can't call it." Shrugging, I rubbed my head in thought.

Before, it was hard to make her forget him but now it was like he never existed. I knew that nigga was bugged out the first night in the club when he pressed Rai' about chopping it up with me. And after he popped up and held her hostage in her own place, I knew he was a different breed.

"Not one word or a tear...that's unlike her."

"She won't say it but he deserved what he got, however, it happened. He was a fucked up dude, ain't have no do right in him. I don't have sympathy for a nigga like that." I admitted.

He was a rapist and he abused women so I wouldn't lose sleep behind him.

"And you expect someone to have sympathy for you? A murderer?" His question got a look of disapproval from me.

Who was he to ask that when we were one and the same? 

"My situation was different, you know that. I had to do that shit." I became defensive while he chuckled.

"That's what you say but I'm sure the victim's families would think otherwise if you were on trial for their murders. It's not a dig at you, it's a simple truth. Of course, I'm in no position to judge because I've done way worse. But, the difference between me and you is that I have fully accepted my actions which means I no longer care about what others think." Kofi expressed.

"And what makes you think I do?" I questioned in the same tone.

I didn't appreciate how he came at me sometimes. Questioning my strength, my intentions, and just me as a man. Never in my life have I ever felt the need to explain myself to anyone, especially another man. But with him, I felt that I had to defend myself against his judgment.

Even when he claimed to not 'judge' me, his tone always said otherwise.

"Every time I mention this topic you get defensive which lets me know that you haven't fully accepted it. And that's okay because it takes time and it will happen eventually...hopefully. All I'm saying is that perspectives are subjective. Ultimately, no one cares about murderers and less of hell about predators. They're all bad--we're all bad people." I gave a light nod in hopes to dead the conversation.