you get sick | small one shots

word count: 2128
warnings: mentions of vomit, emetophobia
cast/couples included: merder, addision montgomery and calzona.
prompt: you get sick

MEREDITH GREY AND DEREK SHEPHERD

"where's y/n?" derek spoke as he was setting the table for breakfast

"where's y/n?" derek spoke as he was setting the table for breakfast. zola and bailey were both sat at the table and meredith placed ellis in her high chair. the family settling down for their weekly weekend breakfast.

"she's sick." zola shrugged, eating a spoonful of her eggs. earning both her parents attention.

"she's sick? why is she sick?" meredith asked her daughter standing up quickly prepared to go and check on her.

"she has a cough and a headache. she shouted when i turned the lights on in her room." derek looked up to meredith who nodded her head, showing that she would go on check on their eldest whilst he watched the younger ones.

meredith headed up the stairs and once reaching the landing she could hear y/n coughing harshly. as meredith suspected, her daughter was laying in bed, in the dark, hair all over the place.

"hey honey, you don't look so good." she spoke softly, walking over and sitting next y/n. she placed the back of her hand against her head, frowning.
she hated when any of her children were ill, but y/n was never ill so when she was it always broke merediths heart as she wasn't just a little bit sick, she was extremely sick.

"cuddle?" y/n croaked out, hating that she was feeling so vulnerable. she was an independent teen, but all she needed right now was her mom. meredith wriggled into the bed next to her and y/n instantly cuddled into her.

"how is she?" meredith looked up to the door at derek who had a thermometer in his hand.

"she's got a fever, for sure." she spoke quietly, taking the thermometer from her husband, placing it under her daughters tongue they waited for the beep. "103.2" she sighed, as y/n shivered against her.

"oh nugget, you really are sick." derek smiled sadly at his teenager, rubbing her arm gently. usually y/n would've scolded him for using her childhood nickname but she didn't even have the energy. she just let out a few raspy coughs, trying to snuggled closer to her mom, if that was even possible.

"mer, why don't you call in -. actually, just stay here with y/n. ill talk to the cheif once im in work. ill go bring up some medicine and then take the others to daycare and head to work." meredith nodded as derek kissed her head, before leaning down and kissing his daughters.

"okay. don't worry about bringing anything up, im gonna try get her into some clean clothes then me and y/nn will have a lil couch day and get this fever down." meredith looked down at her daughter who seemed to be drifting to sleep, she kissed her burning forehead lightly.

"okay honey. i love you, both. ill give you a message later, check in." he smiled, pecking meredith on the lips.

"we love you." she smiled, watching as he walked away. she felt y/n stretch slightly.