001 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯

LACEY WAS LYING ON HER BED staring at the ceiling while her music played

LACEY WAS LYING ON HER BED staring at the ceiling while her music played. When she heard Dustin searching for coins. She assumed he wanted to use them at the arcade. She got up from her bed and made her way over to her vanity. She opened up her piggy bank and grabbed a few quarters to give to her cousin.

"Dusty watch it, you almost hit Mews." Dustin's mother said.

"Can I please check under your cushions?" Dustin pleaded.

"Dusty?" His mother said.

"Mom please it's an emergency!" Dustin whined. His mother finally got up so he could check, and he looked like he found gold, it was really just 4 quarters. But to him it meant he had a shot of winning.

He ran back to his room as soon as Lacey was walking out of hers. "Hey Dustin, have these." She smiled at her little cousin.

"Thank you so much! You're the best!" He shouts and runs into his room excitedly.

She grinned at the boy's reaction and headed back to her room for another boring night. Lacey was just about to collapse onto her bed and stare up at her ceiling the rest of the night, "Lace, can you take me to the arcade? It's dark outside."

Lacey groaned but sat up and grabbed her shoes. She nodded toward her door. Dustin grinned and ran outside. Lacey grabbed a jacket because the weather here in October was no joke, but she loved in nonetheless. "Bye hun!" Dustin's grandmother said as she grabbed her keys and walked out the door. The weather hit her like a truck.

Dustin was already in the front seat of the car. Not even fazed by the weather. She smiled and jogged to the driver side. The ride to the arcade was short, Lacey thought. But for Dustin, it felt like ages. They arrived soon enough for Dustin's expectations.

Lacey looked down at her watch. It was her favorite piece of jewelry. Her grandmother gave it to her. And it was beautiful. It had a leather strap, the clock was an art piece on its own. And it was hella expensive. But that didn't matter to Lacey.

When she looked away from her watch she was met with two smiling boys at her window. "Lacey!" Lucas exclaimed at the sight of Dustin's older cousin.

"Come on come play with us!" Mike smiled.

Lacey smiled at her cousins friends, Dustin turned to her with a cheeky smile. "C'mon Lace!" He began to get out of the car.

"Fine!" She gave in with a laugh, going to park the car. 

They all surrounded Dustin as he was trying to win the princess from "Dragon's Lair".

"Down! Down! Down!" The group shouted.

"I'm going! I'm going!" Dustin shouted back.

The group continued to shout useless advice, as they weren't the one's actually playing, until Dustin repeatedly told them to shut up. However, Dustin died in the game which meant he lost the chance to have Princess Daphne which Lucas currently had.