1

Notes: Ignore the mistakes. Any pictures used in the fiction are not mine. Credit to their respective owners. This work is entirely mine and any resemblance to any other work is pure coincidence. Kindly do not copy the work. Happy reading.

"Cheers to my freedom!" "I can finally breathe,"

Jeongguk raises his glass and smiles from ear to ear. Jimin looks at him briefly before raising his glass. The club was lively with blaring music and blinding lights, and Jeongguk drank like never before, enjoying every moment of his new beginning. After all, he finally got divorced today. Ending his 4-year marriage with Kim Taehyung was one of his dreams since last year, and now that he had succeeded in doing so, he felt a satisfying feeling all over.

Don't get him wrong; it's not like he never loved Taehyung or something. He did. In fact, their marriage was also out of love. But after their wedding, Taehyung's love became too suffocating for him. The other sometimes loved him too much, not respecting his boundaries or wishes. He cared too much and was clingy on another level. Jeongguk did appreciate the love and care and the other's extroverted behaviour, but as they say, nothing is good if it exceeds what is needed. And that was what happened in their case. 

Taehyung was overly concerned with Jeongguk's health, so he wouldn't let him have a drink or smoke, would always drive him around, afraid that something might happen to Jeongguk if he was not around, was so strict on what Jeongguk should eat and drink, and one of the worst things was after Jeongguk had a small accident Taehyung had sold Jeongguk's bike without his consent, saying that he shouldn't ride a bike anymore. Jeongguk was so livid, and maybe it was from that day on that Jeongguk really started becoming fed up with Taehyung's overprotectiveness and care. The older grew up in a farm in a country side and didn't have much ambitions in his life. Taehyung's life revolved around his farm and animals. Jeongguk blamed his background for being so reserved. Maybe he's like that because he hasn't seen much outside of the farm. On the contrary, Jeon Jeongguk was a highly sought-after and well-paid criminal lawyer in Seoul. He seldom lost a case, and Jeongguk was really ambitious. He wanted a lot of things in life and was maybe too talented to settle into a simple, small life with Taehyung.

Now you might want to ask how these polar opposite guys met each other and got married. Well, Jeongguk had met Taehyung when he came to Daegu, Taehyung's hometown, to attend his friend Yoongi's brother's wedding. And whatever he may say, one fact remains: Taehyung was the most handsome and beautiful guy he had ever met in his life. Even after hooking up with celebrities, Jeongguk had never come across such an attractive person, and to top it off, the guy was well-mannered and sweet, and Jeongguk couldn't help but feel attracted to him. Yoongi had introduced both of them, and Jeongguk noticed the hint of blush on Taehyung's cheeks. So, he wasn't the only one who felt something. 

And maybe that's why Jeongguk began frequenting his visits to Daegu and Yoongi's parental house, making different excuses just to meet the cute farm boy again. He was blinded by the attraction he felt for the boy. They quickly became close friends, and it quickly developed into something more. Yoongi had raised his concerns about their growing closeness, telling him how this wouldn't work out since they're both very different people and from different worlds. But Jeongguk dismissed it instantly, being too much in love with the farm boy at the moment. At the end, he proposed to the boy and asked him to move to Seoul with him. Taehyung, though hesitant to leave his farm life, in the end agreed and moved in together with Jeongguk after their wedding.

Life was so beautiful for quite some time; the couple spent their time loving each other passionately. Taehyung didn't like the jobs in the city, so he never applied for any jobs. He loved baking and therefore started making customised cakes and cookies at home. The business was profitable too, thanks to Jeongguk's rich neighbourhood and clients. And Jeongguk was, as always, proud of him for working hard. But then, where everything went wrong, Jeongguk didn't know. Maybe after moving in with Jeongguk, Taehyung never had a life of his own or friends. He mostly stayed at home to bake and barely interacted with the people in Jeongguk's circle because he didn't fit in with them. Jeongguk's friends Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jin were friends with Taehyung, and Yoongi was already familiar with Taehyung, so he interacted with them at least but still lacked his own circle. Taehyung's entire world was Jeongguk and only him. He devoted all of his attention to Jeongguk, and perhaps that was when things began to fall apart. Taehyung never realised he was being a control freak and made Jeongguk uncomfortable sometimes with his over affection. For god's sake, Taehyung sometimes treated him like a child, as if he were not a grown ass man who was more than capable of deciding what was good and bad for him.