A New Beginning

What would Maia do in this situation?

I only noticed Prince Raji when he leaned down as his arms grazed my hair and face a bit.

"I have to say, now that I can see how truly beautiful you are. I think I should keep you very close to me," he whispered.

I unclenched my hand and slapped his away as he backed away, stunned at what I had done.

"Oh, my apologies, fine prince Raji. Take me if you wish, but you should know what you're getting" I stated firmly.

"Wait! Stay back!" I head a yell from outside the door, I leaned sideways to look at what was going on when I saw a guard being pushed to open the door by force, only to see Zen of all people doing it.

"I OBJECT!" Zen shouted followed by Maia.

"Maia, Zen!" I gasped

"You wretch!"

The guard Zen kicked to open the door dashed towards him but was stopped with one foul kick from Maia on the head as he flew across the room, lying unconscious on the floor leaving everyone but me stunned.

"You will stop spewing such disgusting filth that sullies that poor girl's ears" Zen started

"You boorish pig!" Maia and Zen ended in sync as Hawkins came in with a dagger dangling in its feet as it carried it to Maia before she too it herself.

"Maia! Zen!"

I ran towards them in surprise, not that I was surprised about them coming, but I was surprised on how loud Maia came in when she's usually silent when attacking.

"Shirayuki, hey, tie this for me?" Zen nonchalantly asked as Maia made her way beside Zen.

"Wait before that, what about your body? Are you okay?!" I asked worriedly.

"I spent the last few years building up an immunity to different poisons" he said but I wasn't accepting his explanation.

"Yeah, but you-" I was cut off by Prince Raji as we turned around to look at him as I was fixing Zen's bandage.

"Aha, so you were the one who took a bit on the poisoned apple" prince Raji said.

I drowned it all when I saw Maia slowly taking off the bandana she uses to cover her eyes, I looked at her worriedly as I went in front of her.

"Are you sure about this Maia?" I asked to which she nodded.

"Best mind your manners country boy. Peasants like you should show more respect to royalty!" Prince Raji spat.

"Oh, pardon me sensitive, delicate , first monarch of Tanbarun, I mean Prince Raji Shenezard" Zen spat sarcastically as he walked towards prince Raji cunfusing him.

"I'm not one for formal introductions but..." Zen raised his sword showing a crest.

Prince Raji gave a look of recognition "I recognize that crest..." he muttered

"As well you should you imbecile, meet the second prince of Clarines Kingdom, I'm Zen Wisteria!"

"A... Prince?" I muttered out as prince Raji gasped fear evident on his face

"Did you say prince?!" prince Raji stammered as I wen to Zen's side worried about his health condition.

"Zen, please calm down, get a hold of yourself. Wait, do you know who I am? What's 1 +1?" I asked frantically as I heard a chuckle from beside him, I peered from his side to see Maia ready to burst of laughter as her eyes are closed not allowing anyone to see her eyes.