A Gist of the Past

"But their long gone, how are we going to find them?" Mitsuhide asked as we went out of the house.

"They were planning to poison us, that could only mean that they'd find a place not far from where we are supposed to be poisoned. Otherwise we'd be dead before we could even reach the borders of Tanbarun" I said, going to a nearby tree that has one of my daggers embedded in it.

"Yes, but there are a lot of houses they can go to. It's going to take us sundown before we can find the place" Zen somewhat complained as I smirked.

"He's a royal, It's only natural for him to pick the most appealing mansion there is. No offense Prince Zen"

"None taken-" he stopped, once realization struck him as well as the others.

"You knew?!" Mitsuhide and Zen shouted in sync as Kiki stared at me wide eyed.

"And, he'd most probably take the closest mansion from here and the closest to Tanbarun's border," I stated going beside the tree my dagger stabbed.

"But which one, how can we guarantee that their there?" Mitsuhide inquired.

"That's why I made sure to follow them." I stated with my smug smirk as I stepped aside for them to see the dagger embedded in it. However, no one seems to get it, but one.

"When you threw that dagger to that guard, you weren't aiming for him were you" Kiki smirked getting what I did, I looked at her and nodded my head.

"You were aiming for this tree where one of your birds rested alerting them of the situation. Quite clever" Kiki ended looking at the claw marks Furuku left on one of the many branches as I took my dagger out and hiding it somewhere in my person.

Zen and Mitsuhide stared at me in awe and astonishment, now getting what I really did as I lift my right arm to the side at my shoulder level while I give them a lopsided grin that I use when I proven myself that i'm actually prepared for a situation.

"Now" I started as Harpy screeched before landing on my right arm mimicking my confident posture.

"Let's go save the little princess" I chuckled, finding the setting familiar as I lift my hand higher a bit telling Harpy to fly and lead the way.

"Shall we" I ended as I ran not leaving time for any complaints nor agreements. I lead them as Harpy guided us, becoming my eyes.

I'll be waiting

Shirayuki's words echoed in my head as my eyes becoming darker by the minute.

I'm not letting you down Shirayuki, please wait for us.

With Shirayuki

Shirayuki's POV

"Oh~, so you made it!. I have to say it's quite a surprise," Prince Raji started, leaning to one side and another looking at my red hair as if it was a prize to be claimed.

What is he talking about? What about the antidote? What about Zen? And Maia? She'll worry.

He turned around and say "I didn't believe that red hair you left behind was real.". Now walking to the chair in front.

I tried to reach out, but didn't touch him "Uh, so, what about the antidote?" I asked

"All in good time" he said, waving his hand lazily before sitting down.

"Just so you know miss Shirayuki. The fact that I graciously courted you and your friend when you two ran away has since made me a laughing stock all over Tanbarun and the royal palace. Thanks to you and your friend, public opinion of me has plummeted drastically. However, despite my shame the anonymous opinion is that it's nobody else's fault but you and your friend's" He stated as he rested his head on his hand that rested on the table.