Hi

*So I had an AI Generator write my life story and I legit don't know how to feel about it, but here you go*

Angie had a rough childhood. Her mother was abusive in every way possible. My main concern is with Angie's mother and her choices as a parent. I think it's entirely possible that this was her only recourse and I hope she's able to get the help she needs to be a better parent. As far as Angie goes, I'm mostly concerned with her ability to stop acting out in such a reckless manner.

The bulk of the issue's running time is spent with Reuben's family reunion in Connecticut. Angie is very hesitant to make any solid plans because she's "worried she'll be disappointed" and she's "sick of life." If I were a second-grader, I would have left a couple years ago. (Though my general belief that most anything sucks is still a defense mechanism. I'm really tired of this shit.) Reuben's therapist urges him to travel for the weekend because it's good for him. "It's just a fact of life, [Reuben] must confront your own fears," he says. "I can't keep you safe," Reuben responds.Again, the ultimatum scene is so uncomfortably staged that I'm just shocked this isn't a trial run for season four. At one point, Reuben and Angie are in a car crash that leaves Reuben in serious condition and Angie with a broken leg and ankle. When Angie and Reuben begin their road trip, he asks Angie to leave the seatbelt on because she'll be so uncomfortable without it. I'm not saying you shouldn't wear a seatbelt. I'm saying you shouldn't say things like that while you're in a car with your wife. Like the rest of "Like Tiger's Mom," it's a brilliantly dramatic scene that delivers on the promise of a season of over-the-top storylines.Here's the thing: I get that "When I Look at You" is the intro to the relationship of Reuben and Angie. It's an optimistic theme, and it's a continuation of the idea of people learning to cope with the unreasonable things they're forced to face. But even so, I still can't shake the feeling that the show is being awfully overly sweet in its portrayals of married couples. If Reuben and Angie were fake people, I'd hate them. I'd also wonder why we needed them. But they're real people. And although I've seen their marriage sour in its current form, it's hard to dislike the people who are stuck with each other in these situations.Angie has always been an angry person, and she never had a chance with Reuben. Like Chuck warned everybody, he was a terrible influence on her, and she spent much of the second season trying to come to terms with the idea that she had been too hard on him. (Her struggle is subtle, but Reuben notices that she's on "CRACK.") Reuben has always been lazy and entitled, and he took advantage of the opportunity afforded.And it's a pretty rare chance that anyone gets. Getting laid all the time is one thing, but you rarely get to do it with someone who looks just like you, doesn't mind being around your kids, and isn't constantly screaming at you about how you're an incompetent boob who doesn't deserve her. The fact that Angie found a man who had all of these qualities at the same time was amazing, and I'm still in awe of the fact that these two found each other. I'm glad they found each other because they deserve to be together, but I can't shake the feeling that it's all a little bit much.

Like wtf is this?! Who tf is Reuben?