Chapter 15

As I left the room to see Helios off, Escal, who was walking in the hallway, hid behind a closet.

I called Escal looking at his bump.

"Escal, you have to say hello to your father because he is going out."

"Hello."

Escal, with his face crooked, placed his hand on his navel and bowed his head.

Helios was still a blunt father who would not even pat his child's head, but he did not ignore the child's greeting as before.

"Don't make trouble."

"Yes."

The trouble is when he makes more.

I looked at the bruise that had not completely disappeared, then lifted it and sent him off to the carriage.

"Have a safe trip."

"I'll be back soon. Even if you want to see me, hold it."

"Alright, just go."

Helios, who could hardly move, got on the carriage after a while.

The carriage began to move slowly. Helios poked his face out the window and couldn't take his eyes off me until the carriage left the mansion.

I also lowered my shaking hand after the carriage had completely disappeared.

With such a sad face, I don't say that I want to go together.

I'm not saying it, but it seems that taking custody of Escal is not an easy task.

For the Marquis of Melks, losing custody would be like cutting off the bond with the Duke of Anthemion, so he wouldn't give it up easily.

I'm sorry to put a heavy burden on him, but it was unavoidable for Escal.

As we returned to the mansion after wiping away my regrets, Escal, who was watching us from the window, ran to me.

"Has the Duke gone?"

"Yes. In the meantime, he told me to get along with Escal."

The child's face lit up brightly when he heard that we had talked about him.

It's lovely.

"Shall we eat something delicious without the Duke?"

"Yes!"

****

When I collapsed after eating a cookie with shrimp, I couldn't even see the sea food in the mansion.

I know it was a consideration for me, but I felt sorry for Escal, who likes shrimp.

I asked Helios if it was okay to feed him shrimp dishes with Escal, but I couldn't make it.

So, now was the perfect time for Helios to go out.

"Mary, ask if there are any shrimp hidden in the kitchen."

"Shrimp? The Duke told them to throw it all away, How could there be such a thing?"

"Shrimps are so expensive that they may have not thrown them all away. There must be something hidden, so go ahead and ask."

"I don't think so.... I'll ask them first."

Mary sighed and left.

Escal, who was listening to the conversation, opened his mouth with a serious face.

"I hate shrimp."

"What?"

"I like meat better than shrimp."