Chapter 28

"Lena."

When I heard that the guest had arrived, I hurried to the front door, and Helios was standing in front of the door one step ahead of me.

"You are pretty."

He raised the corners of his lips as he looked up and down at my appearance.

Again, I gently slapped the back of his hand, which was wrapped around my waist, and turned around.

"What about Escal?"

"I'm going to call him now."

As soon as they called him, Escal appeared at the end of the hallway.

"Escal, come on."

As if he was very nervous, Escal, who was walking stiffly like a robot, saw me and exclaimed, 'Wow'.

"What's the matter?"

"Because you are so pretty."

"Really?"

When I asked again if I had heard it wrong, Escal came running and whispered to me.

"The most beautiful person in the world."

"Oh."

Is it the same as someone said before?

Thinking I couldn't stop it, I smiled brightly.

"Thank you, Escal is handsome too."

"Hehe."

His plump cheeks turn blushing as if he's embarrassed to be praised.

I grabbed the child's hand and headed towards the front door.

A carriage had just stopped in front of the front door. It was a middle-aged couple who got off the carriage and looked stunning.

"Marquis Hallstein."

After confirming the identity of the first guest, Helios spoke quietly.

Marquis Hallstein was the first to reply to my invitation.

He seemed to have been close to the Duke of Anthemion since Helios was young, and the Marquis of Halstein also knew Lenia and willingly accepted the invitation.

I watched Marquis Hallstein carefully as he stepped off the carriage.

The plum-shaped hairpin sent with the invitation sparkled beautifully above her head.

"Welcome."

"It's been a while, Duke Anthemion."

Marquis Hallstein shook hands with Helios. I waited for the two of them to finish their greetings, and then gave a light greeting to the Marquis.

"Hello, Madam, Thank you for coming."

"Long time no see, Lady Evelyn. No, I'll call you the Duchess of Anthemion now."

Mrs. Hallstein responded with a bright smile.

Unlike the other nobles who despised Lenia, she was kind to Lenia.

Helios and Lenia met and fell in love in the Marquis Hallstein salon.

"You've worked so hard, and in the end you succeeded. Congratulations, Duke Anthemion."

"Thank you."

Helios bowed his head politely.

He looked a little happy because it was the first congratulations he received from another person after marrying me.

"Then I will go in first."

The Marquis of Hallstein tapped Helios on the shoulder and entered the banquet hall with his wife.