Chapter 26: Hope

Doctor: "Mr. Mrs. Shelton you have two options, you can go through labor and deliver your baby naturally. Or you could have a sea section, but your baby will be born today, and the chances of her surviving are slim."

Blake: "So there's nothing else you can do?"

Doctor: "No sir, and I need to know which plan you're going with."

Miranda had tears streaming down her face and squeezing Blake with a harsh hug.

Miranda: "Natural."

Doctor: "Ok well I have to see how far you are, can you two leave the room please?"

Carrie and Brad walked out of the room and waited outside the door.

Doctor: "Miranda you're only 2cm dilated so you'll be here for a while, are you sure you don't want a sea..."

Miranda: "No! I may not be able to save her life but I can help her live that much longer so please just get out!"

Doctor: "Ok"

The doctor left and showed Brad and Carrie to the waiting room.

Blake: "I am so sorry."

Miranda: "No don't be sorry."

Blake: "If I never had gotten you pregnant you wouldn't have to go through this much pain."

Miranda: "You have nothing to be sorry about. Ohh."

Blake: "What?"

Miranda: "Contraction. ow. ow."

Blake: "Breathe. Breathe."

In the waiting room Carrie was pacing back and forth, Brad kept trying to make her sit down but she was to stressed.

Brad: "Care will you please sit down?"

Carrie: "No, and how can you even think about sitting right now?

Brad: "Carrie look at me."

Carrie turns around and looks at Brad.

Brad: "What is going on with you lately?"

Carrie: "It's just this whole baby thing."

Brad: "Look just because I brought up the conversation of kids doesn't mean I'm pressuring you to have a baby."

Carrie: "I know it's just, oh my god, I feel like nothing good is going for us."

Brad: "Care come sit down."

Carrie walked over and sat next to Brad, Brad took her hand and kissed her in her forehead.

Brad: "Carrie, when we're ready to have a baby then we can try, and if nothing happens we can adopt, now why are you so scared about having a miscarriage maybe it won't happen."

Carrie stood up and started yelling.

Carrie: "Brad I don't want to through what Blake and Miranda are going through!"

Brad stood up and kissed her.

Brad: "We're gonna get through this, and again I don't care if we never have kids."

Blake walked out into the waiting room with tears in his eyes.

Carrie: "What happened?"

Blake: "Miranda just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and she was way under developed. They put her in an incubator to keep her warm. I'm to afraid to look at her hooked up to all these machines, I just can't do it alone will you come with us please."

Brad: "Yes of corse."

They walked into the room and saw Miranda in a wheelchair holding on to her little baby's hand, and Carrie's heart sank. They walked over to her and the doctor finally came in.

Doctor: "Does she have a name?"

Blake and Miranda looked at each other and nodded.

Miranda: "Hope Carly Shelton."

Carrie: "That's a beautiful name."

Miranda: "We just... we just need a little bit of hope, and a huge miracle."

Miranda started to cry and Blake took her into his arms.

Carrie: "So doctor what do we do now?"

Doctor: "We wait and hope that a miracle to happen."

Carrie nodded her head trying to hold back tears, she couldn't even imagine the pain Blake and Miranda are going through.

Doctor: "Mr. and Mrs. Paisley I'm sorry but visiting hours are over."

Carrie ran out of the room and Brad ran after her.

Brad: "Carrie!"

Carrie got to the car and started hyperventilating.

Brad: "Carrie slow down, breathe, baby just breathe slowly and calm down."

Brad pulled a paper bag out of the glove compartment and gave it to Carrie. She took it and started breathing in and out and oddly enough it was working.

Carrie: "It's just... how can... something so small be suffering that much."

Brad didn't even say a word he just grabbed Carrie and hugged her.

Carrie: "She'll be ok right?"

Brad: "Right."