Chapter 29: Interviews

{Carrie's POV}
Sense we passed the home inspection, we have been interviewed by I don't know how many people to see if they want to give their child to us. Brad and I are starting to get frustrated, but that's how the process goes. Today we have to meet a woman you has the most beautiful baby girl, and she's only three days old. We walked in the room and we saw the woman sitting on the couch with a handful of questions to ask us. We sat down and ready for any question she throws at us.

Woman: "Hi my name is Erica, are you Brad and Carrie Paisley?"

Carrie: "We are."

Erica: "Ok, um, first off if I were to give you my child what would be the first thing you would do?"

Carrie: "Um well, we would take her home, and get her settled in, get her used to us, then have her meet our family. Then when she's old enough we will make sure that the best doctors give her a check up."

Erica: "You both travel for your jobs, what are you going to do with the baby?"

Carrie: "Well I would take a few months off from touring and everything, but when I go back on tour we will hire a nanny, but we will try not to stay away from her for more than five days."

After many more questions we over heard the conversation they had about us.

Jackie: "So what do you think?"

Erica: "I'm sorry I just don't think that this will work."

Erica walked out of the room and Brad chased after her.

{Brad's POV}
Brad: "ERICA, ERICA WAIT!"

I caught up to her and started talking.

Brad: "Look I know that we might not be your first choice to give your baby up to, but we will be amazing parents. You also have to understand that we will make sure that she gets the best medical care, go to the best schools, and have more love than anyone could ever give her. Carrie has wanted a baby for a while and she wouldn't let anything get in her way, she also would do anything to keep that beautiful little girl safe, and so would I. Your daughter is an amazing girl with the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen. She just needs someone to give her everything that she could ever want, and that's what we could do for her. So could you please reconsider us as good parents for your daughter?"

Erica: "..."

{Carrie's POV}
I stayed there in the room talking to Jackie till she left, I then started to cry, after a few minutes Brad came walking through the door.

Brad: "Do you still want that baby?"

I ran over to him and jumped into his arms.

Carrie: "Oh thank you thank you thank you so so so so much."

Brad leaned in for a kiss and I gave him one, I don't think I could be any happier.

Carrie: "So um when do we pick her up?"

Brad: "Jackie is going to bring her here in about an hour."

Carrie: "Oh my god!"

Brad: "Should we call and tell everyone?"

Carrie: "No, I want to surprise them at Blake and Miranda's get together tonight."

Brad: "Ok."

Brad and I sat there thinking of names and we finally settled on one. After a while Jackie came in with our perfect little baby girl, a smile washed over my face with tears of joy following behind.

Jackie: "So what's the name gonna be?"

Carrie: "Erica Jasmine Paisley."

Jackie: "Well you can take her home, you have a car seat right?"

Brad: "Yeah."

We put Erica in the car seat and then started to head home, it was only a 20 minute drive to Ran and Blake's house. When we got there I walked inside and everyone just stared at me waiting to see how the interview went. Brad then walked through the door holding Erica.

Miranda: "OH MY GOD!"

Miranda ran over to me and squeezed me so tight I could barely breathe. She then walked over to Brad and asked if she could hold her.

Caroline: "Congratulations you two, I didn't even know you could get a baby that fast after the interview."

Carrie: "Me neither."

Luke: "What's her name?"

Brad: "Erica Jasmine Paisley."

Blake: "That's a beautiful name."