9.Barbaque Dinner

Amelia's POV

" So Mr.Mathews, you work in AiMat? That's amazing!! " Jenna asked Aiden while tasting her dessert. She is just unaware about his designation. I can't blame her for that, Aiden mostly keeps his identity guarded. We can find few scandals about him, but none of it has his picture in it.

The moment he proposed, I knew that I got trapped by him with my own lies. I had no option, rather than to accept it when people around me shouting " Yes " on my behalf.

Clap your hands ladies and gentlemen, I'm officially engaged to Aiden Mathews.

" Which department? " She asked once again.

" Well, he- " I started to reply her, but Aiden replied her before me.

" Well.. which department do you think the CEO works ? " he smirked.

" The CEO ? I didn't mishear that, right?" She whisper yelled at Brittany. Even the twins looked quite surprised !

" You own AiMat? " my brother Ryan asked him. Aiden gave a nod with a proud smile.

" Really !! Wow.. You are her fiance? I mean why? .. Out of all people, why are you marrying my sister? Does she have something on you? Is she blackmailing you? " Ryan exclaimed.

' This crazy brat ! I'm definitely the adopted one ! '

" Ryan!! " I glared at him. He got a smack on his head from my mom.

" I don't mind being blackmailed, if I get to stay with her. " Aiden chuckled.

' Where is he getting these cheesy lines? '

I once again heard "Aww..that's so sweet" from the ladies around.

Soon our dinner got over and people started to leave. I saw Aiden chatting with my mom and brother. I could see how happy my mom was, she was teasing my brother along with Aiden.She belongs to Team Aiden now. I let out sigh, while thinking about everything that happened tonight!

" You and Mr.Mathews huh ? " His voice startled me.

" I'm sorry .. I didn't mean to scare you." Caleb said with a smile.

" Well.. Yes !! " I replied him with a nod.

" I was little surprised to hear that! I never imagined this. Congratulations on your engagement!! "

I awkwardly nodded my head. There was some kind of tension in the air.

' I never imagined it would ever happen either. '

There was an awkward silence between both of us. I felt his gaze on me while I did everything to avoid it.

" Mia " he called my name once again breaking the silence. I looked at him, he was struggling to say something.

" Baby girl " I heard Aiden's voice.

He walked towards me with a bright smile and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I stared at him, wide-eyed in astonishment. He once again gave me a gentle smile.I tried to move away from him, but he pulled me even more closer towards him. My face started to turn red because of his sudden closeness.

" He knows about us and you are my fiance now. There is no need to be shy. Right? " It felt like a question pointed towards Caleb, but he stood there with a blank expression on his face.

To escape this awkwardness, I dragged him along with me " I need to talk with you about something, come with me. I'll see you later Caleb. Good night!! "

" So what do you wanna talk about? " He asked me with a straight face once we reached a safe place to talk.

" You are seriously out of your mind! Why are you here? And what's with the drama?" I let out my frustrations.

" I came here to discuss about our deal. But I think you need my help more than I do" he smirked.

I looked at the ring in my finger. This is real !!

" It's beautiful " I whispered. A smile formed on his face. I calmed myself. He is true, in order to save myself from getting humiliated I lied to them. I don't want to be the same weirdo. But never thought those lies will backfire.

" Come on Mia. Help me! Just for an year. You're the best person for the job. You already know my situation, I don't need to explain.You need a fake boyfriend, whereas I need a bride to gain trust. This secret will be safe between us. I see a win-win situation here, don't you? " He asked me.

I gave a thought for a second,

' Should I just go for it? But what if I get caught? But think about the debts to be paid to those loan sharks. Think about the loans'

" Have you made up your mind? " He asked me breaking my thoughts.

" I don't have any other option but you. So let's do it. A Contract Wedding."

" Alright Mr.Mathews. Let's do this. " I finally replied.

***************************************
Vote
Share
Comment

Happy Valentine's week ❤️