Three | Asshole

ORLA

"Don't you think it would have been a good idea to you know appoint a meeting with them instead of going there directly?"

Dad cast me a pointed look from where he sat beside me in the car. "It's not easy to appoint a meeting with them."

"So we go there directly and get ourselves killed?"

"It's not like we are going to his house directly. We will meet them at their headquarters, it's a public space."

"That doesn't mean they will welcome their rivals."

"Will you stop overthinking and just trust me?" Dad snapped.

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. Fine. If we get killed, it's not my mistake, I tried to warn him after all.

The car halted in front of a huge building, tall enough for me to crane my neck to have a proper view. Dad, along with his men and I got out of the car.

Before we could take any step further, I heard a gun being cocked and my head snapped in that direction to see a pistol being pressed against the back of dad's head while our men pointed their guns at that man. My breath hitched and dad's body tensed.

"Oh, look who we have here." That man with the blonde hair said amusingly. "Jackson Lennox himself."

I frantically looked between that man who stood right behind dad and our soldiers with their guns pointed at him, surely we have outnumbered him...right?

"You are in our territory, Jackson so I suggest your men lower their guns, hmm?" If I am not wrong, this man is enjoying all this considering his tone.

With one gesture from dad, our soldiers lowered their guns but stood cautiously and that man walked and stood in front of dad, his gun still pointed at him.

I stood at the sidelines, watching as dad seemed to recognise him. "Cyrus."

That man, Cyrus smirked. "At your service." He spoke sarcastically.

Cyrus's eyes flickered at me and curiosity sparked in them. "Who might this beautiful lady be? Your poor wife finally left you and you married someone else?"

Does this man have no filter?

Dad's jaw clenched and he stepped in front of me to shield him from his prying eyes. "She's my daughter."

He whistled and tilted his head slightly trying to take another look at me. "What's your name, love?"

I shot him a glare not liking how blatantly he was trying to flirt with me right in front of my dad.

"We are here to talk to Marcelo."

"What for? We are quite busy these days, come back later with an appointment and do bring your daughter along." He shot me a wink as he tucked his gun away.

I could feel the anger radiating from dad but he inhaled deeply. "I am here for an alliance."

That caught his attention and he slipped into a serious mode. "Alliance?"

"We have a common enemy, Cyrus. I am sure you are aware."

He watched dad with narrowed eyes for a moment before fishing out his phone and stepping back for some privacy while he talked to someone in hushed tones, his eyes on us.

Dad let out a sigh and faced me properly. "Bringing you here was a bad idea, you should go home, Orla."

"No. I agreed to this and just because that guy is an asshole doesn't mean I'll back off."