chapter thirty-three: run away

•••

•••

"It's warm," Jiseok thought to himself, a small smile forming on his lips as he snuggled further into the crinkled sheets. He shivers, it is usually already cold in the mornings considering the season they were in the middle of, and the fact that he was currently sleeping shirtless didn't help much. Grumbling and still groggy with sleep, he tugs at the blankets around his chest to cover his shoulders properly and smiles when they comply.

It's weird, though, the blankets are strangely smooth and soft to the touch despite it being made into a pattern that is not usually thought of that way.

It doesn't matter, at least he's warm. He curls his body closer into the sheets and sighs softly, finally happy and content with the warmth. That happiness doesn't last for long though, because his blankets somehow move on their own and slip off his shoulders again and settle around his bare waist under the covers.

He makes a loud groan, now slightly irritated by the disrespectful acts of the garments. He peels open his heavy eyelids and discerns where the blankets were snagging. His eyes followed the outline of the blanket, which looked oddly like a human arm. Blinking, confused, he raises his hands to rub his eyes to help them focus and then realization hits.

The blanket wasn't even a blanket, but Jooyeon's arm.

Jiseok feels his face flush, suddenly feeling embarrassed by his actions even though the other was still sound asleep. He rolls back over onto his back and sighs heavily, rubbing his eyes. He doesn't want to get up, but he knows that he can't just stay in his bed all day, especially when... wait

He leans over Jooyeon and reaches for his phone, unlocking it and seeing the flood of messages immediately. The first few were from their friends, the usual "wish you a Merry Christmas!" followed by a very questionable picture sent by the lovely Hyeongjun of Gunil sporting a pair of reindeer antlers whilst making a funny face. He chuckles and types out a reply.

"Hyung, it's cold..." comes Jooyeon's soft sleepy tone from behind him, he wraps his arms around the brunette and pulls him closer, swinging a leg over his legs under the covers. Jiseok blushes deeply when he realizes his back was now flush with Jooyeon's bare chest. That only makes him wonder, Jooyeon never sleeps without a shirt unless it is so hot that he absolutely has to so he could sleep comfortably; but the room was cold, so why was he... never mind, it's not important.

"What do you expect when you kick the majority of our blankets on the floor?" Jiseok asks but Jooyeon doesn't respond.

After a little period of silence, Jiseok comes to realize that Jooyeon has gone back to sleep and takes advantage of the opportunity to try to leave. Slowly, in an effort to avoid awakening him, Jiseok gently raises Jooyeon's arm that is draped across his body and lays it by his side. He raises up and looks over at the sleeping boy beside him, a smile forming on his lips at the sight. Jooyeon's mouth was hanging open to allow quiet snores to exit,