Chapter 13: For Shara..

Poe's knees slammed into the cold floor, pain shooting through his body like a ship in hyperspace. He should have kept his mouth shut.

"Where is she, Dameron?" The Knight of Ren snapped as the pilot was forced to look at his mask.

"I don't know." He hissed, feeling his wrists being shoved into a set of binders as the troopers stripped him of his blaster and commlink before leaving him alone with Ren's associate.

"You expect me to believe that?" The voice was cold but familiar, only slightly modified by a system in the dark mask. Poe glared hard at the emotionless face, resisting the temptation to spit at him. They were going to torture him, whether they were ordered to or not. The worst part is he didn't actually have anything to hide from them this time. Maker, if these guys only knew that for once he was telling the truth.

"Considering it's the truth...yea." Poe snapped, only to feel a few thousand volts of electricity rip through his muscles for a few seconds. He groaned as the pain subsided, catching the Knight's fingers on the tiny remote as he blinked back a few frustrated tears.

"Hope you said your goodbyes, Dameron." The Knight reached up, pulling his mask from his face. Poe choked on bile as he registered why the dark figure had sounded so familiar. He could only hope he didn't actually throw up. "Especially to the pretty girl you are trying so hard to hide."

Alexander Pierce smirked as genuine surprise rippled across Poe's features. Of all the people in the galaxy, the last person he'd expected to see again was him, especially after Leia had sent him to Hoth. Ren must have really trusted Pierce to take him back into his ranks. That or he had gotten close enough to Kara for Ren to get the information he desired. They had clearly underestimated just how important he was to the First Order.

"Always knew you were a traitor." Poe growled, shifting his wrists uncomfortably behind him as he tried his best to sit up straighter.

"You never did like me...and well, look where that's gotten you." Pierce zapped him again, finding pleasure in the sound of the rebel's anguished cries. He'd always wanted a chance to knock the bold pilot down a peg, show him that he wasn't as special as everyone cracked him up to be. Dameron was just a cocky kid from Yavin whose parents had been friends with Leia.

And now he was a prisoner of the First Order, writhing on his knees in front of him, only a few more shocks away from pleading for his life. He was no one again. Just like he'd been when he was born.

Poe's body lurched forward when the current stopped, his eyes squeezed shut and his head pounding as it hung limply over his chest. This was going to be a long afternoon, especially with the sick drive he knew Pierce had.

"I don't know where she is, Alex." Dameron croaked, "It was a covert operation. Above my clearance."

"Nothing is above your clearance, Poe." Pierce crouched down in front of him, pulling his head back by his curls. "There isn't a rebel secret you don't know about as the Resistance golden boy."

"Takes one to know one." The rebel quipped, looking down his nose to see the other man blink slowly in annoyance, "Couldn't convince Leia, so you went for her son."

Poe braced himself for the shock this time, groaning through it like a general irritation. He could see Pierce's patience thinning, clearly letting himself become more and more unhinged with each verbal jab he threw at him.

Pierce's hand let go of his hair as he walked away from him. "We're gonna play this game until you tell me what I need to know."

"Then you better hope these have a full battery..." The pilot shrugged his shoulders. "Cause we're gonna be here for a while."