Mist

''Why bother with things that are already lost?

Of all the members of the League, only one of them could be considered to be truly 'evasive', and while many were agile and adept at hiding, only Mist was hard to find when outside missions, as if her natural instinct was to disappear once she was unneeded.

So why was she in the bar?

Normally, those who followed Master preferred to keep their distance from those who fell under Shigaraki, being seen most commonly in the underground tunnels that gave way into the Nightcare and the Warehouse, or perhaps inside the residential facilities, next to the Master's private quarters, but not in the... bar.

Shigo was an extraordinary case, mostly due to the fact that, differently to other members, such as Vynil, he didn't have a dedicated station in Master's facilities, he wasn't in charge of equipment, weapons, the children of the Nightcare, the training of recruits, or even the maintenance of the orphanage, he was just a particularly important pawn.

That and, Master had given Shigaraki rights to order him around, so he was technically part of both sections.

Whenever he grew restless inside his minimalistic room, he liked to wander, there wasn't a reason to it, but the feeling of walking, heading somewhere, even if it had no real purpose, put his mind at ease, perhaps by fooling himself into thinking that he wasn't just lazing around. In any case, sometimes, he would go so far he'd end up in Shigaraki's territory, and in these moments, he would sit quietly in a corner of the bar and nurse a simple cup of water Kurogiri would gift him, and maybe chat with Toga or Twice if it came down to it, but mostly, he favored the silence.

In that regard, Mist shared his opinion.

They were sitting considerably close, not enough to touch, but if he were to whisper, he was sure Mist would hear him clearly.

He had always been curious about her, so, when presented with this rare opportunity...

''It's the first time I've seen you here, Mist''

In response, her reddish-pink eye moved to settle on his smaller frame, the ever-impassive, blank expression of hers boring its way into his soul.

''Why?'' The soft sound appeared to be a mere puff of air out of her lips, just as flowy and smooth as her cloud-like hair, which endlessly moved as if underwater, its tips fading into the background, like an evaporating sigh on a cold morning.

Of course, regardless of her confusing query, he knew what she wanted to know.

It was something like... 'Why bother talking to me?' That she seemed to convey, so really, he understood the sentiment.

''It must be lonely, to always disappear in the crowd''

At this, Mist blinked, face perfectly serene.

''It is not me who you are seeing, then''

''Ah, you... you may be right'' He admitted. The silence was where he was at his most comfortable, but it was also lonely, and the more it dragged along, the more he felt like a piece that did not belong.

Mist narrowed her only eye almost imperceptibly, focusing on the bitter aura enveloping him.

''Do you regret it?'' She then asked, her voice seemingly as furtive as her figure, as if any minute it would forever cease to exist.