Five | Waterlily

The river was very close to her pond. She found it once and loved it immediately. She visited it so often, she quickly discovered the best paths to and from, making travel that much easier.

She walked along its bank, because it was deep enough and far enough across that she was unsure of how to cross. By the bank, the current was gentle enough, but in the center she could see the raging way the water tumbled over itself, and even with her love of swimming, she was afraid that it would wash her away.

So she walked along the side of it, using it as a path to find her way back home. She walked upstream to its source, which turned out to be a waterfall pouring down from a far away cliff. It scared her, the way the water tumbled down from the rocks to crash into the river.

She walked very far downstream as well, but couldn't find the end before she decided to turn back.

Journeying to the river became a part of her daily schedule, taking place after she gathered fruit but before she rested on the rocks in the afternoon. She discovered many of its secrets, from where other Pokémon liked to drink to the flowers that grew along its flow.

She found a place where a stone jutted into it, reaching out past the shallows and into the raging center. It was out far enough that the sun could shine down on her fur without the trees blocking it out.

She sat there often, lying in the sun and trailing her paws in the water. It became her favourite place outside of her home, and she loved it.