Family

"It's getting so much harder to breath now..." Zenitsu stared up at the sky while fighting to take a breath. Each breath getting wheezy and heavier. "Im sorry, Nezuko." He thought. Zenitsu could hear the remainder spiders crawling around. He heard something flutter, almost as if it were wings.

"Who is that?" Zenitsu thought attempting to look up at the person standing over him. "Hello there! Are you okay?" Shinobu asked.

- - With Tanjiro --

Water breathing, Second Form: Water Wheel! Tanjiro shouted out, trying to get it just right before landing to intervene his fall. "Good! I struck the landing." He puffed out. "GYAH-AAH!-" A scream cried out. Tanjiro realized what he was witnessing, He stared hard at the two demons.

"What are you looking at? This isn't a stage show." The demon boy said to Tanjiro while handling webs from his hands.

The other demon who stood at his feet cried, while touching her face, wiping the blood. Tanjiro stared hard with an estranged look. "What are you doing to her? Aren't you her friend?!" He called out.

"Friend? Our connect is nothing so superficial." The demon boy said, looking directly at Tanjiro. "We are family. Strong ties bind us." He paused for a moment. Perhaps thinking of what to say next. "Besides, This matter is between me and my older sister. If you interrupt me, I'll carve you up." Then making direct eye contact with Tanjiro that it almost seemed terrifying.

"Whether you're family or friends, such strong connections are always so precious! Not being related by blood doesn't make a connection superficial..And I can always smell trust between people with such strong ties! But between you guys..I only smell fear, hatred and loathing." Tanjiro said.

Tanjiro raised his voice higher, basically yelling. "I wouldn't call that "family ties" Its a sham! It's fake!" The demon sister cried and whimpered. The brother remained nonchalant. Suddenly, ruffling was heard behind the bushes.

"Oh! Looks like I've found the right demon!" A fellow demon slayer came out from the bushes, having a big cocky smile on his face. "Even I can slay a kid demon like this." He announced, reaching for his sheath. "Who are you?!" Tanjiro said.

"Back off! This one is mine. My entire unit was slaughtered, so if I can just properly slice one demons head off, I'll head down the mountain. I'll rank higher and get paid more!" He chuckled, un-sheathing his sword. He got into stance and ran towards the demon boy, preparing for a slash.

"NO-DON'T! YOU CAN'T-" Tanjiro was cut off to the sound of a mushy texture hitting the ground. The slayer has been chopped into pieces and there wasn't a single whole piece of him. Tanjiro stared with his mouth agape. "He got sliced up in a single strike?!"

"What did you say?" The demon boy said, it took him a second then he turned around. He played with the webs in his hands again and repeated, "YOU! What did you just say?" Tanjiro was stunned with the menacing aura that surrounded the demon boy.

"The air just got heavy and thick!..Sorry, Inosuke. You're just gonna have to last a little longer. I'll come help you as soon as I beat this demon!" Tanjiro got into his stance, he brought his sword up to his chest; "I'll say it again and again. You're so called "family ties" are FAKE!"

- - With Inosuke - -

Inosuke hid behind a tree, he huffed and puffed, trying to refocus on catching his breath. "Hiding like this is just...shameful and pathetic. But I need to think of a way to cut through something a sword can't slice. What do I do? Think! Think!"

The father spider marched behind Inosuke, grabbing the tree from its roots and breaking it in half. Inosuke began to run, contemplating whether he should run away or stay and fight. "Until kamaboko comes back, I have to do something." Inosuke thought. Inosuke cringed at himself. "WHAT KIND OF THINKING IS THAT? DON'T BE RIDICULOUS INOSUKE! YOU CAN KILL THIS DEMON!"