Chapter 3

Tiffany sent 5 text messages to Isabelle all asking where she was and that they needed to talk. Tiffany tried to study, but it was impossible without Isabelle mocking her. Tiffany looked around the dorm. Isabelle's side was filled with posters and it was very light for her usual style. Most people thought of Isabelle as someone without depth and just thought she hated everything and loved the darkness. Really, Isabelle had so many layers under the "Gothic" personality. Tiffany sat wallowing in her emotions. It was much more than sadness. It was a mix of depression, sadness, and anger. Tiffany turned out her light and Isabelle's. Tiffany faced it. She was nothing without Isabelle.

Tiffany woke up with the sound of a chirping. She knew it couldn't be real birds seeing as it was 2:00 a.m. She looked at her phone and saw that it lit up. "Hello?" Tiffany asked as she answered whoever was calling her. Julia's voice seemed to wake her up. "I have some bad news. Isabelle was in a car accident. Come to the hospital I'll meet you there," Julia said. As soon as she spoke the words "Isabelle" Tiffany sat straight up.

Tiffany went down to the parking lot and drove over to the hospital. She got out of the car and saw Julia sitting in the lobby. "What's up? How is she?" Tiffany asked nervously. Julia looked up and had tears in her eyes. "It's bad," She said.