Chapter 11

~Vittore Accardi~

"Annalise, wake up," I say, nudging her head with one of her books. She doesn't move. Is she dead? I press my fingers to her neck and feel a steady pulse. Did she drink half of that Jack Daniels last night?

I look around for something I can hit her over the head with when I see a vacuum cleaner in the corner of her room. I don't know how I didn't notice that before.

Although I am a cruel, sadistic person, I wouldn't hit her, let alone with a vacuum cleaner. I pull it over to her bed and plug it into the outlet at her nightstand. I take one last look at her peaceful face before I press a button, the machine roaring to life and awakening the beast before me.

Annalise groans, her hands coming up to her ears. She opens her eyes and looks at me, not giving any reaction until her sleep finally fades away. Then she screams, louder than the vacuum cleaner.

I switch it off and lean against the handle, looking down at her with a straight face. "What are you doing in my house, Vittore!?" She shouts, pulling her doona up to her chin, scooting away from me in her bed. "Better yet, what are you doing in my room?!"

"It's twenty past eight. I guess your alarm forgot to go off this morning," I responded, tilting my head to the side as her eyes went wide. "I am a man of my word, bunny."

"No, no, no. I'll get dressed and I'll be like five minutes-"

I grab her blanket and pull it off her curled up body, revealing the silky, dark blue negligee she wears with a lace pattern at her neckline.

"Five minutes is too long. I gave you more than enough time to wake up and yet you didn't, now get in the bathroom and brush your teeth, you'll do your hair in my car," I say, standing up and walking over to the door beside her bedroom that leads to the bathroom.

She looks around her room and her jaw slackens. "What did you do to my room?" She snapped. In all honesty, she looks like an angry chihuahua. I fight away the urge to smile at her as I shrug a shoulder.

"It needed tidying. Now get in the bathroom, Annalise."

She makes an annoyed sound before swinging her tan legs out and putting her feet on the floor. She rounds her bed, her narrowed eyes never leaving my amused ones as she walks past me, slamming the door in my face.

I bite my lip and shake my head, approaching her rows of shoes and picking out some knee high black heels and socks for her to wear. I took her black cross body bag and put her phone in there.

Not long after, Annalise walks out with brushed hair and nude lipstick coating her lips. "Put your shoes on in the car. I have your phone and shit," I tell her as we walk through her house and to her front door.

She takes her keys out of her bag and locks it behind us once we're out. I immediately see the goosebumps rise on her arms as we stand on her porch.

It's fucking winter and I can't believe I forgot her coat. "Can I put them on now? Because I'm not going to walk to your car in the cold with bare feet," she states, crossing her arms.

"No, because you'll take too long," I say before flinging her bag at my side as I walk down to my grey Audi R 8. I hear Annalise groan and bare feet pad against the ground behind me so I open her door.

She quickly gets in before wiping her feet, putting her shoes on the floor. I sling her bag inside, nearly hitting her in the head if she hadn't blocked it, before I round the car and get in my side.

Annalise is already putting her socks and shoes on before I can even start the car. When I do, I turn the heater on and the seat warmers before driving out. She sits beside me shivering away as we wait for the car to warm up.