three

"It's been too long," I said, smiling, after hugging each of the remaining guys. We were walking to the hospital room.

Liam nodded. "Yeah, tour's been crazy,"

"I've missed it so much," I looked down at my hand, intertwined with Louis'. When I looked back up, his gaze was on me. My lips curved into a smile.

"Only a month or so left once we get back," Zayn said. "You could always come with,"

The idea had crossed my mind, but I found that there were too many setbacks.

"I wish I could," My gaze moved to look at the bright lights above us. A deep breath left my lungs. "I'll have to stay with Cher,"

"Not necessarily," Liam said. "Assuming they come out with it to the public, Harry won't return to tour probably. Along with all the help they'll be getting from family, they'll be okay,"

Hearing this got the gears turning in my head, but I didn't want to say yes to something I didn't even know was possible yet. Instead, I just nodded.

"We'll see how everything goes,"

There wasn't time for anymore conversation; the five of us arrived at the room.

Cher was in the midst of a contraction with Harry by her side, Gemma was sitting in the corner with a dull look on her face, and Anne was speaking to a doctor. She looked our way when we walked in and her face lit up.

The doctor watched her as she walked and gave each of the guys a hug; they were all happy to see her. Then she proceeded to inform all of us of the current status.

"Cher's eight centimeters, contractions are two minutes apart," she said. "She's starting to push soon,"

My face lit up. "Who all is staying in here?"

"Just Harry and I," she said, nodding. I smiled, knowing it would mean a lot to Anne.

"So I guess we should get out?" Niall asked. Anne chuckled.

The doctor finally spoke, "Yes, we need everyone to clear out of the room and go to the waiting room,"

I looked over at Gemma and she nodded, standing up.

"I'm going to speak to them," I motioned my head at the couple. Without receiving a confirmation that I was allowed, I stepped over.

"Hey," Cher said, breathlessly. I grinned at them both; it was such a beautiful sight to see.

"I wanted to say how proud I am of both of you before this happens," I said. "This will be the cutest, most spoiled kid by the time he's here. And thank you for letting me be apart of all this,"

"Shut the hell up, Mallory, I'm the privileged one here," Cher said, causing me to laugh. "What would I have done all these months without you? Have the time I couldn't even see my own feet,"

Harry's arms wrapped around me tightly. "Thank you, Mal,"

When we pulled away from our hug, I leaned over the bed and kissed Cher on the cheek. "Good luck, babe,"

"See you in a few hours,"

Grinning I stepped back and let Louis step in to say something to the two. I knew everyone wanted to say something to the couple before we were swept out, so I stood aside as they did. When Louis finished, he walked back to where I was standing, by the door. We walked out together.

"This is some crazy shit, yeah?" he said. I laughed.

"I thought it'd be Liam to have a baby first," I replied. "Or maybe Zayn,"