Crushes

Nikki was in seventh grade and love was a new thing to her. She never been kissed (unless her dog counted) and she never really had a conversation with a boy (unless her 7 year old brother counted). All her friends made fun of her because she never had any of those things, while for them it came when they wanted. "Nikki, stop. Your way over dramatic. He never notices you. Stop listening to rumors," her best friend, Kayla, of four years said. " I can't. What if he does? You never know. You know how boys are. You never know there feelings," I replied. Ross was one hunk and no girl could keep her eyes ( and mouth) off him. He was the male whore of the year. "Well, believe what you want. I dated him for a day before he cheated. He's like a lion. He doesn't want you if your nasty and rotten and been lying in the hot sun for a week. He wants to make his move, kill, eat, leave, and he's done with you," Kayla said. " BTW, he's not your type. Your a music prodigy he's a sex prodigy. Don't go together." As we walked to class this conversation continued for about 100 decades. "But wouldn't it be great if he did. Come on Kay give me some advice. You have a crush. How did you know he liked you?" I asked her. She replied, "Simple. Go up and ask." I look at her.Wow maybe this whole crush thing is getting to her. She knows I'm super shy. "No way! The last thing I wanna do is that!" She sighs and I see where she's coming from. I've been wanting to talk to him for 2 months but can't. "Nikki. It's ok. What can he do?" " Humiliate me," I say.

We walk to science class and that means talking period because Mr. Klal doesn't speak fast and takes forever to get one word out. We get in and sit down. The bell rings and Mr. Klal passes out our equipment for our science experiment. Ross walks in 2 minutes late and I wait for him to make a stupid excuse as he does it every day. "Oh, the bell rung?" he asked. "Yes Mr. Tardy. Sit down. You have a lunch detention and referral. Now sit down with your group and focus," Mr. Klal said harshly. Nobody ever seen Mr. Klal speak fast AND give Ross a lunch detention and referral. Ross walks over to my group. Sadly, he's with me and another girl. Me and her are friends but she's one of the people who get caught deep in his eyes. "Sorry about being late," he tells us. " I honestly don't like this class," he says sincerely. "Well maybe if you just once came to class on time and not be chit - chatting with your friends all day, you would actually think and enjoy things and people around you," I say. I put an emphasis on think so he knows I mean me.

He doesn't even think about it.

"If we don't get done today, is there a place we can go to do it?" He asks both me and Laura, the other girl at our group.
"We can't go to the school because the Science Olympiad team is using the library and gym and auditorium. So the school is out of the question. And my house is full. Having family over for memorial day. So now my house is out the question, also." "Well, we also can't go to my house. Mom and step dad anniversary, so my house is not in this." "How about your house Nikki?" Ross asks me. I really didn't feel comfortable having him over especially having to be nice. But I guess I had no choice. " Yea. My house is empty just me and my older sister. So Laura you are walking distance. And Ross I'll give you my address." I write it down on a piece of paper and hand it to him. We all smile but I'm sure mine was the only fake one. We'll see what happens tonight as the bell rings for the end of the day.

As I walk to my locker I tell Kayla about everything that has happened. "... he's coming over. That's like .. I don't even know." I say somewhat dramatically. " You'll be fine, Nikki. He can't do anything. Hey gotta run,volleyball championship. Text me the deets on what happens. " She hugs me and runs off to the volleyball bus. I finish getting all my stuff and go outside to my sisters car. Me and Laura ride together everyday to my house and do homework so she gets along very well with my sister and was in the car. "Hey sister! I missed ya." Gabby, my sister, was at school all the time and with her boyfriend who was awesome. So she barley cane home until like 8 PM. She was the one I could talk to since our parents were out on a business trip for a month. And our brother went to his friends house a lot. "I missed you too. As you know, Laura is coming over and so is a boy. Its for s science experiment. Only." I say quickly so she doesn't pucker up and say, Nikki has a crush! She laughs. "Dude. I know. Miss. Laura told me. I'm all cool with it. I'll be upstairs with Logan (my brother) helping him with homework." I smile as we pull into the the driveway of our two story house. Ross was standing there on the porch. Wow. I thought. He must be desperate to do this. We get out and he says to me, " I'm walking distance also. I'm a block away." He smirks and I half smile. We go in and my sister makes us some sandwiches and we sit in the living room and work. My heart wants to run away and my brain wants the same.

Thanks so so much for reading part 1! More coming!!