Chapter Nine

I tore my hands from his hair and slid off my robe, desperate to feel him against my skin. His breath hitched in my ear as I slid his shirt up, dragging my nails across his muscled torso. Without missing a beat, he ripped his shirt over his head and tossed it across the room as I hooked my fingers in his pants and pushed them down.

He sprang free, erect and throbbing, and I took him in my hand. The size of him made my mouth water and I gripped him, hard and demanding. He let out a low growl as his hands squeezed my waist.

Without realizing how, I was laying on the bed with him on top of me. His mouth ravaged mine and our tongues slashed against each other. Not a delicate seductive dance but a battle.

Roughly, his hand squeezed my breast and I arched into his touch, needing more. I felt his teeth graze my earlobe as his hand traveled down my body. His fingers brushed the wetness between my thighs and my hips rocked into him. Fingers drove into me and I let out a sound of desperation and pleasure.

God, he was everywhere. Lips nipping and licking my neck, fingers sliding into me while his thumb rubbed that bundle of throbbing nerves. My nails dug into his shoulders as I fought for breath. This was what I needed. Escape, madness, complete and total release.

My breast was in his mouth as he continued to work his fingers on me and inside me. I writhed, trying to get closer to him, trying to find air. The climax was building within me and I tensed.

It crashed through me and I think I might have screamed his name because he looked up at me, blue eyes dark and feral. I could hear nothing but the pounding of my blood in my head. My eyes closed as the climax ripped through me and light exploded across my vision. I was arching into him, demanding more.

When my body gave its last shudder, he removed his fingers and braced his hands on either side of my head. Those eyes bore into mine and the beauty of him shattered me. I reached down to grip the full length of him and his eyes closed in pleasure.

"One day," he growled, "I want those beautiful lips around my cock."

My eyes held his, defiant as I began to stroke him. He muttered a curse and pushed himself against my stomach.

"But not now," he said, breath tearing in and out of his lungs. "Right now, I want to watch you as I slide into you."

I whimpered a plea, begging him to take me.
"Please," I moaned. "Now."

The smile he gave was cocky as he moved his hips lower. I felt the tip of him brush my wet throbbing flesh and I gripped his hips, trying to pull him closer.

"Look at me, Evelyn," he panted. "Open your eyes and watch me."

I hadn't realized I'd closed them but I opened them now. His face was a mixture of wild passion, determination and... sadness? I couldn't tell.

Sliding my hands over his hard chest to fist in his hair, I pulled his lips to mine. We crashed together, lips, tongues and teeth ravaging. I thought I might climax from his mouth alone and he pulled away.

I opened my eyes and held his gaze as he pushed himself against me, his head barely inside of me. I moaned and wrapped my legs around his waist before I drove him into me. His hips pushed me back into the bed and our twin sounds of pleasure echoed in the room.

Broderick was inside of me. I'd dreamt of this before. Of feeling him spear through my walls, of his labored breath in my ear, of his comforting weight pressing down on me. But my dreams paled in comparison to reality.

He stayed buried in me, unmoving as he watched me with those striking sapphire eyes. They were glazed, the pupils dilated, and I touched a hand to his cheek. He kissed my palm before taking it into his own and pinning it above my head.