[ drake ] . ' astraphobia '

The sun wasn't out today , and the weather schedule affirmed that it wasn't going to be sunny all week . There was some chances that there will be rain , but never high chances on thunderstorms . 

The two boys were hanging out at Drew's , it was weekend and luckily they didn't have any assignments to do at that time . Drew introduced Jake to pokémon , and they were playing non-stop ever since , though Drew was obviously a pro at it , he gave Jake tactics and advice when it comes to battling . Now the win ratio between the two was now 50-50 .

" I win ! score ! 3-3 now ! "  Jake jumped up from the beanbag , shouting excitedly as he lifted his arms up . Drew smirked .

" you were lucky to beat me even though you were at a type disadvantage , I'm impressed . "

" you cant underestimate my lycanroc . " Jake exclaimed cheerfully . " even our friendship rate makes us unstoppable . " 

Drew rolled his eyes playfully . " okay friendship boy , another round or what ? " Jake huffed , staring at his switch screen then back at Drew .

" I could use a little break from staring at this thing for so long , got any snacks ? " 

Drew lowered his switch , setting it down on his lap . He glanced at his drawer next to the TV . " I should have leftover chips in there . " he pointed . Jake looked , getting up to scout for some chips . He didn't seem to find any , so he kept looking .

Eventually he gave up and looked at Drew . " I don't think there are anymore . " he frowned , staring at the empty drawer .

Drew sat up straight , looking at the drawer . He got off the bean bag and took a step away . " I'll get more from the pantry then , stay here . Or .. come if you'd like , not sure it's up to you . " Jake grinned , nodding to the request .

" I want to come with ya ' , I wanna see the goodies you got . " jake smiled , taking steps to him . Drew stared , before turning around and leaving the room , while the blonde boy followed behind .

Drew took the stairs down to the bottom floor , headed to the kitchen . His eyes spotted the silver pantry , its so shiny , it looks brand new ; Drew grabbed onto the handle , twisting the knob and opening the door to snack heaven . 

" I can take .. any of these ? " Jake looked at Drew in pure shock , amazed by the amount of chips there were . Drew grinned in result .

" of course , well , I don't eat chips that often .. so go crazy . " 

Jake 's eyes shimmered like a lost puppy that found its way home ; he grabbed a bag of barbeque lays and immediately ripped it open , tossing a chip into his mouth . He smiled , lost in the flavor , crunching away , these were his favorite kind of lays . Drew cocked a brow , staring in slight confusion but yet amusement from his expression .

" You like these a lot , as I can see . " 

" I don't get how you don't eat these ! these are the best kind of chips , "  jake offered the bag . " eat one , trust me . "  Drew stared at the bag , backed up . Giving an awkward chuckle .

" I'm gonna pass , jake . I'm not hungry . "

" suit yourself . " Jake replied , as he tossed another chip into his mouth . He stared out the kitchen window , that seems to be stained with water droplets from the outside . 

" huh , it's pouring heavily out there . "

A sudden bomb dropped , the sky releasing the most loudest thunder it could've . Drew yelped , but the storm was so loud that Jake didn't hear the small cry of fear . His eyes were locked onto the ceiling , blinking . Jake chuckled .

" That was very loud , wasn't expecting that . " Jake looked at the spot where Drew was , well , supposed to be at . He disappeared out of sight . Jake looked around briskly , trying to figure out where that boy went . 

" Drew ? hey ! where'd ya go ? " He looked back and fourth , side to side , but didn't seem to spot him anywhere . He took a couple of steps out the kitchen to look at the stairs that led to Drew 's room . The door seemed to be open , and if the blondie remembered before , Drew closed it before they went down stairs . He figured that Drew must've went back up there , but he's a bit confused on why he didn't say anything about it . Jake brushed it off , he thought it wasn't that big of a deal . He decided to go back up stairs to join Drew in the room , perhaps he's playing his switch again .

Another lightning struck above the clouds as Jake took the final step of the stairs . He looked behind him , staring . 

" sky doesn't seem happy today . " 

Jake turned his head back around , walking inside the room . He closed the door , as he expected , Drew was sitting there on the bed . Jake smiled , he opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it . He noticed how Drew's behavior seemed odd , he was hugging himself . He looked frightened , and he was breathing pretty quickly . The blondie closed the bag of chips and placed them on top of the drawer , he stared at Drew in concern .

" Drew , you alright ? " Jake tilted his head in curiosity , took a step closer to the bed and sat down . " you left without saying anything , is something the matter ? "

Another small thunder roared , Drew lowered his head in more fear . He looked away from the blondie , without any response . Jake noticed , staring at him in sorrow . 

" hey .. are you afraid ? "

Drew hesitantly looked up at him , giving a sheepish expression on his face that answered Jake 's question . 

" i- it's .. it's the sounds- I can't .. exactly explain well . " Drew looked down at the ground , gripping onto himself tighter . Jake looked at him in shock , he wasn't expecting that response . He didn't think the toughest guy in the group would be afraid of something so little , something the others would laugh about . Drew was lucky it was just Jake and him , I guess Jake just expected too much from Drew , he felt sort of bad . 

" sorry , I know it's .. stupid . " Drew mumbled in guilt . " .. for someone like me to feel this way . "

Jake jumped slightly , waving his hands side to side reassuringly . " no no no ! It's completely fine ! I just wasn't expecting that . Everybody has fears , just because you're considered the toughest in our friend group , doesn't mean we'll leave you alone like that y'know ? " Jake gave Drew a passionate smile , causing Drew to blush in the slightest .

The lightning struck the loudest above the sky , causing Drew to jump . He placed his hands over his head to cover his ears , like a frightened child . He was afraid , trembling strongly . 

Drew felt the sudden warmth of a jacket getting wrapped around him , he slowly opened his eyes to see . Jake had took off his jacket to cover him , placing his hand on Drew 's cheek . He wiped off a tear with his thumb . 

" it's alright .. it's alright .. it's just thunder , it wont hurt you . " Jake spoke gently as he pulled Drew closer to himself , to the rate that Drew 's head was laying on his chest . The comfort of a soothing heart beat was enough to help him think everything's was going to be just fine . Jake placed a hand over one of Drew 's ears , to help avoid the sounds being heard from the loud thunder . 

Drew gave a relaxed smile , holding onto Jake 's wrist as he closed his eyes . Jake smiled in return , a warm feeling filling up in his cheeks . He enjoyed this moment he had with Drew , it was one the rarest moments he'd ever get . He wanted to cherish this before it was over ; knowing they'd probably never do this again . Jake laid his head on top of Drew's , humming a song . 

" .. thank you , jake .

" of course . "