[ jiam ] . ' fear up the tree '

It was a great time for a hangout , the weather didn't seem all that droopy .. or sad . It was quite windy , but the sun was out . It was perfect ; Jake's three friends planned a meetup near a park , and as always , the famous Jake Sterling was always late when it came to meetups .

He sped towards a pathway that led to the nearest park that they were supposedly going to meet at , looking around every area in case he spots any familiar appearances along the way .

" shoot .. shoot .. I'm late ! Drew's so gonna kill me . " Jake thought to himself , without paying attention to his surroundings . It's been a while since the four last hung out , Jake was always busy with the music club ; but luckily Hailey wasn't planning on any meetings , so Jake thought it was a good opportunity to hang out with his good friends .

Jake eventually slowed down his running , returning it to a normal walk as he panted from exhaustion . He breathed in and out before he walked along the path .

" I don't see them here anywhere .. " Jake frowned . " perhaps they took off without me- "

Jake interrupted himself from bumping into someone , he was too focused on finding his friends that he wasn't being aware about his surroundings . The sudden hit was enough to make Jake fall over , though the person quickly gripped onto Jake before his body hits the ground . Jake looked up at the person , blinking .

" oh ! hey man ! great to see you here . " Liam smiled , holding onto Jake still . " you should watch out though , you wouldn't want me to keep catching you again , would you ? "

" eh ? " Jake looked at himself , suddenly realizing that Liam 's hands were around his waist . Jake 's face reddened , flinching at the position they were in . He pushed Liam away carefully as he smile awkwardly . " y- yeah , thanks .. " He muttered sheepishly , dusting his jacket , resulting Liam with a grin .

Jake's head was filled with different sorts of emotions from what just happened . His eyes were locked onto the ground as his head were getting filled with thoughts ; eventually they drained out once the blondie realized that Liam was here , and only him . Jake looked around Liam in confusion , wondering where the others were . " where's Drew and Henry ? " He blinked , Liam awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck .

" oh , didn't you see ? " Liam responded , as Jake tilted his head . " Drew and Henry said that they couldn't make it , I guess it's just us . " he ended his words . Jake looked a bit surprised , that was kind of odd for Drew to not show up , especially when it came to Jake . Liam chuckled awkwardly .

" It's just .. erm us , unless you're wanting to leave . " Liam sat down on a hill , tapping his index finger against his knee . Jake stared at him dumbfoundedly , taking a couple steps towards the brunette . " you're not leaving ? " Jake stared at him .

" don't think so . "

" then I'll stay with ya . " Jake responded without any hesitation , grinning at him . Liam blinked a couple of times , the color on his cheeks turned pink . " you don't need to . "

" I don't mind it , " Jake sat next to the brunette , flattening himself on the thin layer of grass as the cloud slowly sway forward . " besides I ran all the way here , and I don't really want to run back . it was a painful process to get here . " Jake yawned , Liam chuckled lightly in response of what Jake admitted . Liam's laugh was as gentle as a dove , making Jake's body tingle . his face flushed a slight pink , his heartbeat quickening the more he thought about it . he eventually shook his head , trying to get rid of the feelings and emotions that overcame . instead he just smiled , chuckling along with the brunette .

" well , if you want to stick around , what would you like to do meanwhile ? " Liam asked fondly . Jake shrugged , looking around the area . his eyes caught a glimpse of a deformed tree , it was thick , and pretty tall . Jake eventually narrowed his eyes back onto Liam , he gave a soft grin .