Bringing back memories

Returning from the 100-year quest, Fairytail's strongest team sets back out for another adventure!

Starting in the middle of Magnolia, where the guild Fairytail lived, Wendy looked through the request board with careful consideration.

pah-pah-pah-

The soft pink paws of Carla's squished against the guild's floorboards as she walked up behind the young bluenette.

"Well, Wendy? Have you found any jobs that interest you yet?"

"Carla! Um, I'm not really sure. Natsu, Gray, and Erza wanted me to pick the next job but after just coming back from the 100-year quest...I'm scared to pick something that they won't like! And I also don't want to pick something that would require an excessive amount of energy, I was hoping we would relax a little after that."

"Hmph. Why can't you simply pick a job that sounds good to your liking? Isn't that why those group of trouble makers let you pick in the first place?"

"Really? Well, even so...Nothing on the board interests me either, hehe..." Wendy nervously smiled at her feline friend, a bubble of mischieve popping up in her belly like blooming flowers. Carla crossed her arms, a pout making way onto her whiskered mouth.

"Honestly, Wendy! I don't know what to do with you, why not just pick a job with high rewards!"

"Yeah, I guess I could but - " "Caaarlaaa~!" A hyper voice cut the two's conversation short and a blue cat with big plated eyes entered the picture.

"Happy!" Wendy happily exclaimed. "Happy." Carla begrudgingly muttered.

"Oh, Wendy! Have you picked up a job yet? Natsu and I are just waiting for Lucy to pack up!" Happy activated his aera and a pair of white wings sprouted from his back. He flew slightly above Wendy's height.

"Um, I don't really understand why you need to be flying right now but no, I haven't found something yet. Sorry, Happy." Wendy tilted her head slightly up to look at Happy and shook her head in disappointment.

"Not to worry, Wendy! I can help you pick something!" Happy flew towards the board, his big eyes staring intently at the multitudes of job posters hung up.

"Don't even think about it, Happy! It's supposed to be Wendy's turn, isn't it? Just give her some time and she'll find one!" Carla waved her paws at the blue cat, annoyance evident in her white-furred face as she shouted at Happy.

"Don't get mad, Carla. It's just a job request anyway, and I'm fine with anything that Happy picks!" Wendy tried to mediate with Carla, giving the exceed a gentle smile to which Carla crossed her arms at.

"Knowing that tomcat, he'll probably choose something related to fishing!" Wendy smiled, she couldn't really say anything against that since it was probably true. Now that Carla mentioned it, she did see some job request for Hane-Sakana, flying fish.

"I found one!" The sound of Happy's enthusiastic voice once again broke the two young lady's conversation with one another. They turned towards the flying blue cat.

"Look! I'm sure Natsu and Lucy would like this, it's like the very first job we took together as a team!"

"Retrieve a book...300,000J?" Wendy and Carla looked twice at the reward, "That much to just retrieve a book? It seems so easy..."

"Is 300,000J a lot? Our other one had a reward of 2,000,000J!" The blue cat cluelessly boasted.

"2 MILLION JEWELS???"

"Yeah, but Lucy decided not to complete the mission and we didn't get any of it in the end!"

"Huh? Lucy didn't complete the mission? Why is that?" Happy shrugged at Wendy's question, "Well, she found some secret to the book and returned it instead of what we were supposed to do, which was to burn the book. But oh well, I guess the floating letters made up for the tons of fishies I could've bought!...not really."