Romantic gift (AA2153 / U-1196)

AA2153 flipped the card over and over, without stopping. Sitting on the bed in his room, he didn't want to get up to do anything else. He could have used this break to prepare dinner or take a shower, but other thoughts occupied his mind.
He couldn't help but smile at the memory of the scene that had taken place a few hours earlier. He had bumped into her during his shift, and their encounter had turned an already tiring day, due to increased blood pressure, into something more enjoyable: the silver-haired leucocyte had walked up to him and, without a word, left him an envelope with her code on it, then smiled and returned to her work.
The erythrocyte hadn't had a chance to open the envelope until the situation had calmed down, so in the silence of his room he had read the few sentences that were written on the note, in which there was a small daisy.

«I have heard from a group of normal cells that today is a special day for your loved ones. I hope today's shift is not too stressful for you.
I will come to you tonight: if you are not there, let me know somehow.

— 1196»

Gifts have little to do with material value. And it was true: so many cells had given him various things, but none as precious as that of his dear companion.
Those few, simple words had filled his heart with peace of mind, and that was the most beautiful gift he could have received on that troubled day.