// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part nineteen

»»——⍟——««

       Tying the laces on her rented skates, Y/n tried to stand up, nearly losing her balance as she rolled around. Gohan chuckled, catching her and immediately taking the opportunity to let Y/n lean into him. He simply could not get enough of her and being near her.

"Thanks, Gohan." Y/n said as she held him by his shoulders, trying to straighten herself out. As her hands dropped to her sides, Gohan grabbed it, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"Have you ever skated before?" He asked. Y/n nervously shook her head with a smile, making Gohan raise a brow at her.

"I tried to tell you that you didn't need to worry about it, I don't know how to skate. It was just an idea, it sounded fun at first." Y/n said. Gohan huffed, he wouldn't give up now. He wasn't worried, he could control himself thanks to flight. He would make this as fun and memorable as possible for Y/n, taking the lead as he carefully walked forward on the carpeted floor.

"Well, don't worry, I've got you." He said, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. Following behind him, Y/n looked up at him, completely captivated by his odd behavior. She'd never seen him acting so bold, trying so hard to make her happy. It made her chest flutter with nervousness, a new feeling sinking in. It made Y/n feel jittery and excited, nearly tumbling as she rushed to keep up with Gohan.

She could feel his energy shift around her in just the slightest when he stepped onto the smooth skating floor. Gohan looked back to Y/n with a grin as he pulled her toward him, holding her against his chest as he nearly glided across the floor. Y/n yelped as she rolled along with him, holding him tightly as he led her along.

Gohan didn't say anything, afraid if he did Y/n might notice how close they are. He wrapped his arms around her, watching as she smiled, her eyes lighting up as they skated around the rink. She pushed herself back just enough to grab his hands, Gohan pulling her as he skated backwards.

"You're really good at this." Y/n noted as she spotted other skaters watching them. Gohan chuckled nervously, trying to nonchalantly pull Y/n closer.

"I'm just flying, honestly. I don't know how to skate." He said. Y/n chuckled, letting him pull her around, trying to follow his movements whenever he'd turn.

Gohan readjusted himself so that Y/n was at his side. He grabbed her hand, leading her and twirling her around as if they were dancing. Y/n was beginning to get the idea that Saiyans just liked the movement and intimacy of dancing, but she wasn't sure what that said about Goku. She shook her head, trying to take her mind off that and focus on Gohan. Her confused face made Gohan curious as he slowed down, still holding her side against his.

"What's the matter?" He questioned, to which Y/n just sighed with a chuckle.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how strange it is that you Saiyans like dancing." Y/n said. Gohan tried to contain his laughter, wondering how Y/n had gotten to such a conclusion.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Well, I was just thinking about how much like dancing this feels like. Then I remembered the prom night, and how many times Goku danced with me. At first I thought it was just a thing with him, but now I get the idea that it's Saiyans since you're just as, if not more physical than him." Y/n explained her thought process. As she did, Gohan's smile faded into a look of concern.

"How many times have you danced with my dad?" He asked.

"Twice. Which isn't a lot, but for him, I imagine it is." Y/n said. She felt Gohan's grip on her shift, getting tighter.