Timeline (Part 3)

So, when the news of Governor-General's abdication was widespread among the general populace, they decided that it was enough. With Black Monday and general repression of the natives, the Insulindians' calls for independence began to grow larger. Not only that, with the foreign power looming over the Jewel of the Netherlands, the foreigners even outright supporting the independence movement itself and the situation only became worsened. Then, on 12th February 1938, small portion of KNIL troops leave their barracks and captures several administrative point in the country. This marked the start of Insulindian National Revolution and the end of Dutch rule over Insulindia people, news about defected KNIl soldier and Revolutionary message spread in and out of Insulindia. Already, irregular militia were formed by the Revolutionary government to combat the KNIL who's loyal to Dutch and to spread the news about Revolution, the formation of the militia were meant to harass KNIL and Dutch forces by using Guerilla warfare and Urban warfare instead of Conventional warfare since they lack manpower and firepower to meet them head on.

During the Revolution, many independence figure like Soekarno, Moh. Hatta, Tan Malaka and etc return back to from their exile and with them they also brought back an allies too, that allies were Bharattiya Commune and Empire of Japan. Bharattiya Commune had been supplying Insulindian rebel before the revolution by sending guns, manpower, and supply. Now seeing the opportunity to make a new allies in Asia, they declared full support for the Revolutionary government and acknowledge Insulindian independence, not only that they also sending their troop to help the Insulindian. Empire of Japan however had a different story with Insulindian independence, they dont support them because they care about Insulindian independence. They support Insulindia since this is a perfect idea to oust the 'white colonializer', note that Japan lost the Weltkrieg to Germany and since then they still harbor a hate for Germany and their lackies. So by supporting the independence movement, it will promote the Japanese idea of 'Free Asia' and to establish 'Greater Far East Co-Prosperity Sphere'.

Both nation began sending their expeditionary troops to help the Insulindia army and to secure an allies for themselves, the Bharratiyan sends a total of 3 Infantry Division while the Japanese send 1 Infantry division with limited air support. This more than enough to support the Revolutionary since the KNIL only had small air force that consist of older fighter from Weltkrieg era. The troops then arrived in newly-captured city of Batavia and began to reinforced the line in Central Java against pocket of KNIL troops that were encircled by militia attack, it didn't last long since the KNIL troops surrendered due to lack of supplies. With no KNIL presence in Java island, the Revolutionary backed with expeditionary troop managed to take Java island and Lesser Sunda chain island. Next they began moving towards Sumatra island, it was a more brutal than campaign of Java due to fact that Revolutionary troops that consist of militiamen that had no to little military experience almost cannot took Sunda Channel that were needed to cross the Sumatra island from the Java island. After gruelling 4 month of no progress, the Revolutionary troops managed to cross the Channel after KNIL retreated from the area due to lack of supplies and low on manpower from constant attack. After that they began encircling the remnant of KNIL in Sumatra jungle, it was arduous fight but after 7 month of fighting it was done, the KNIL and Dutch East Indie declared surrender and began retreating towards the last colony that still in their possesion and that is Papua.

Everyone across the archipelago celebrating that they were free and independent, many citizen held a party over it. While the people were cheering for their independent, the storm just began to intensifies. While the war for independence was over, the struggles for established a nation was a long one. Already many infrastructure that Insulindia government inherited from Dutch East Indie were broken and it hamper the logistics across the nation, not only that they haven't even establish their government system or have any constitution that rule the nation, in short this new nation weren't prepared for post-independent era. Not only that due to not having a formal army, many militia began to fight between themselves so the Government decided to take an action an began molting every single militia and formed the National Army of Insulindia that had military proffesionalism than the former militia-backed army. With the formal military established, the government then can move on to other business of rebuilding the nation.