Chapter 42

The alarm rang and Hyunjin grunted, reaching to turn it off, completely ignoring it. She turned on the bed, her arm landing around Heejin's waist to pull her closer against her chest.

"We need to get up," Heejin said, her just-woke-up voice even hoarser than her usual deep tone.

"No."

Heejin chuckled, her lips pressing against Hyunjin's. "Good morning."

Hyunjin hummed, refusing to open her eyes.

"I'll go ahead and take a shower." Heejin paused, then whispered. "Alone."

Her eyes shot open. "No, just give me five more minutes."

"You were never like this, you're just doing it on purpose to be cute."

"Is it working?"

Heejin shook her head with an ear to ear grin. "Yes, aegyo master. Now let's go get ready."

After said shower, and not at all a lonely one, they got ready in silence. Hyunjin buttoned up her white shirt, eyes fixed on the framed drawing Heejin had made for her. Heejin had said, back at Jiwoo's house, that she was working on something. Due to the circumstances at that time, it took longer than expected. Hyunjin had even forgotten about that, but when she came back from her week alone, it was there, already hanging on the wall of their room. A beautiful colored illustration of herself as Selene, the goddess of the moon, with the crescent in her forehead and the moon phases in the background, her gun in her right hand, and the knife in her left. It was so beautiful Hyunjin even shed some tears, and it didn't matter how many times she stared at it, she would always find it impossibly amazing.

And after taking her time to admire the drawing again, and the many others of Heejin's beautiful art pieces she then hung around it, she moved to the mirror to fix her tie. No, there was no dress code, but if she had an excuse to wear her black tie, she would. Plus, Heejin loved it.

Moving downstairs, they greeted Selene and Diana and fed before stepping outside. Hyunjin hopped on Bumblebee and Heejin followed, the drive to the Silver Blades a mere fifteen minutes.

Slowing down, Hyunjin couldn't help but smile, as a big truck was parked near the entrance, with big red letters reading 'Yuta's Finest Meats'. He turned from the trunk as she approached.

"Oh, Hyunjin!" Yuta beamed.

"Hey, Yuta. How's the business going?"

"Ever since you got me this partnership with the slayers, the business skyrocketed!" Yuta smacked her arm playfully. "Seriously, thanks again. I even had to recruit more people for the farm, there's just so much to do! Animals to take care of, blood to harvest, meat to cut and prepare."

"Great. You owe me again."

"Sure, whatever you need, just tell me!"

Hyunjin snorted a laugh, shaking her head. "I'm joking, you don't owe me anything. I'm very glad everything's going well."

"Me too." He nodded, full of energy. "And I finally got to know something about you! I really would have never guessed you had a serious job and all."

"Me either, Yuta." Hyunjin's turn to smack his arm. "I have to go, Heejin is waiting for me and I have a meeting soon."

"Alright, have a great day!"

"You too."

Yuta waved goodbye as Hyunjin turned and joined Heejin, who stood by the entrance with a smile on her lips. Stepping inside the main tower, they halted on their tracks when Vivi and Haseul walked past them, a coffee in each of their hands, so immersed and interested in whatever they were talking, they didn't even notice them arriving. Hyunjin paid attention to her hearing, eavesdropping on their conversation for a few seconds.