The Night Before Winter

It has been three months since the battle with Hogun. Things had almost settled down. Hela was still trying to get me into bed. Fandral was still a creep and Volstagg, well he hadn't changed. I guess everything got to me in the end as I broke down crying for no reason. Doesn't help that I was burning the candle at both ends. Trying to manage a nightlife while having a daytime one. Save to say, I burnt out.

After I was caught napping at work by Sif, Loki recommended that I go home to see my parents back in my home town. I honestly thought he was trying to get rid of me but he assures me that I ain't leaving his side anytime soon. He thinks it would be a good idea to spend some time in the company of humans as I had spent far too much time in the company of vampires. (Apparently. It's a complete matter of opinion) I may have sulked with him for that. I was used to spending time with people that were non-human. I worked for Tony Stark for crying out loud, I was used to weird things. Plus, Melody is also Nicky Fury's niece and I swear he ain't human half the time. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my parents but I love my own bed. I sigh as I roll onto my back. It was 5 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I miss the sounds of the city. I miss the sound of Melody snoring. I miss Loki. My phone lit up as it pinged. I rolled onto my side and unlocked it. My heart missed a beat at the name.
Loki: Hey. Missing you xx
Me: You get to see me at 8 o'clock tonight xx I smiled as I replied quickly.
Me: And I miss you too xx
Loki: 8 is too far away xx I knew Loki was sulking.
Loki: And why are you awake? xx I rolled my eyes. That man is the reason I am awake. one because I work nights and two, because I miss him.
Me: Body clock lives on nighttime. For some reason, I have a boss that makes me work nights xx " And I wouldn't have it any other way"
Loki: And you love it xx
Loki: By the way... this bed is awful empty. I've had to put a pile of pillows in your spot, with a shirt of yours. Maybe I should just keep you here next time? ;) xx I would happily stay with Loki. His bed is so comfy, It's like sleeping on air.
Me: Awww, you're a little puppy really. Always needing attention xx I smile. Loki is like a puppy when he lays his head on my lap. He loves it when I play with his hair. I even made him fall asleep when we watched the last two seasons of Game Of Thrones (Which end badly. I was rooting for Dany)
Loki: Head rubs are a must xx I grinned like a schoolgirl. The hold this man has over me still baffles me to this day.
Loki: I want to talk to you as I missed your voice. I really should go to bed. I just wish you were here. Doubt we would be sleeping though ;) xx If only I hadn't planned a breakfast with my mother then I would be jumping in my car and driving back to Loki.
Me: But the sun is about to rise and you need your beauty sleep xx
Loki: Only beauty here is you xx
Me: Does that make you beast? xx Why did I ask that? I feel like a teenager that is texting her crush from school.
Loki: Only for you xx
Loki: Goodnight xxxx
Me: Goodnight xxxx I smiled as I clutched my phone to my chest. I have never been this happy. As I went to put it on charge. I heard my phone ping again. I rolled my eyes at the name.
"It's a good job I love him" Not that I have ever told him. I don't dare. Despite these texts and the fact that we sleep together an awful lot, I don't know what Loki's true feelings are. I think he loves me. But I have been wrong about this type of thing before. I'd rather not jump to conclusions.
Loki: I miss you too much to sleep xxx
Me: You should try. I don't wanna be the reason you're grumpy tomorrow xxx
Loki: Either I made a stupid decision sending you home for a weekend or I should have just come with you xxx
Me: you could not have handled my mother. I'm struggling to. She is driving me. She keeps on about me finding a man and stuff xx I know that this will annoy Loki but I don't want to keep secrets from him. Besides, if I drop enough hints, he may ask me out. I am no better than a teenager.
Loki: I'll have you know that I can be a silver tongue when needed xx
Me: I know all about your tongue xx
Loki: Is it bad that I am counting down the hours until you get here? xx
Me: It's not bad. It's kinda cute xx
Loki: You are cuter :) That must be why I adore you xx
Me: Go to bed Mr Odinson. Before I drive back and chain you to it xx
Loki: Promises. Promises. But I will go to bed. I look forward to seeing your beautiful face again. Goodnight my sweet xx
Me: Goodnight xx that man is definitely going to be the death of me.