chapter thirty-nine

PARIS, FRANCE

"mm.. first time we've had the house to ourselves in two weeks.. what shall we do?" neymar looked over at me and i turned my head to look at him.

"i'm very into this book. you can go make me a cup of tea?" i kissed his nose gently as his cheeks dimpled and the corner of his eyes wrinkled. "you're so cute."

"you know what else is cute?" i turned my body to look at him as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"cute? you'd describe it as cute?" he pondered the thought before walking away from me. i shrugged and laid back down on the couch and flipping through the book.

he walked back five minutes later with a cup of tea and set it down on the table. "noelle?" he spoke out, i narrowed my eyes at him as he grinned.

"did you do something?" i set the book down and sat up as he shook his head. "then why are you giving me the 'i did something' look?" i narrowed my eyes at him.

"promise you won't be mad?" he took a step away from the couch, i sighed and nodded. "say it.."

i laughed to myself before repeating him, "i promise not to be mad." he sat down the edge of the sofa.

"right.. so. me and messi were talking right." never a good start. "and we thought a good place for you to start actually kicking a ball would be psg, and we spoke to the board.. and they said they love to have you.."

i stared at him, not being able to piece it all together. "sorry.. so i'm going to be training with psg? did i get that right?"

he cleaned his throat and nodded, "if you want.. obviously we were going to ask first.. but, i think it's a good idea! it'd be good to be back at training, and the girls are amazing! plus it's not like they're giving you a contract and expect you in the starting eleven next month. it's just to help you.. ease back into it all."

i placed my hand in his as he visually relaxed, "ney.. i've only been at therapy for a month or so.. i don't know if i'm ready. but thank you, thank you." i kissed his cheek as he rested his head on mine.

"take all the time you need anjo." he left a trail of kisses across my cheeks until he finally reached my lips, pulling me into him.

i smiled and pushed him away slightly. "come on then." i chuckled and grabbed his hand as he got up giddily. "you're doing all the work though." i teased as he nodded in agreement.

"when don't i.." he mumbled as i hit his arm. "i'm kidding." he laughed lowly and opened the door, curtsying as he did so. i shook my head as he galloped in behind me.

noellebradley posted a story!

leomessi responded to your story!