Episode 5 - Dialing from 10 to 11

(Watch Opening)

After the Kevin incident, Ben immediately went back to training as the last five months were slowly approaching. Ben would spend most of his time training the different abilities of his alien forms with Max, who was surprisingly a great teacher when it came to combat. During his time at school, Ben would help Mina with her studies to make sure she didn't fall behind.

The last few months passed by as the two friends are seen standing infront of the gate looking up at what could be their future high school.

Ben stood at the gates with a large smile as Mina was happily shaking his arm while hopping up and down.

Mina: Ben! Ben! Here it is, UA High! We're actually standing by the gates, how awesome is that?!

Ben: Yeah, it's really awesome...

Mina stopped hopping as she looked at Ben, he was still smiling but it looked like he had tears welling up in his eyes. Mina placed her hand on his shoulder as she looks at him concerningly.

Mina: Hey. Are you okay?

Ben: Yeah... It's just that, I never thought I'd be able to stand here.

He wiped his eyes as Mina sincerely smiled ruffling his hair with her trademark Ashido grin.

Mina: Well, Watch-boy! You're here now, so let's ace this thing!

Mina run ahead with Ben not that far behind. They continue to walk through the halls as they spot a familiar face standing in the hallway.

Ben: Kirishima?

Kirishima turned around and smiles as he runs over to the two.

Kirishima: Tennyson, Ashido! You guys made it! I was just on my way over to the exam orientation.

Mina: That's great, we'll join you!

Kirishima: Yeah! Hey Tennyson, ready to be the first quirkless kid to pass the exam?

Ben's eyes widened as he nervously gave him a thumbs-up. Kirishima smiles before he starts running down the hall to find the room. Mina looks at Ben to find him with a saddened expression again as he placed his hand over the watch.

Mina: Ben?

Ben: I wish I could tell him, he's been a good friend. I feel like a jerk for keeping this from him.

Mina: Ben, Max said that the watch isn't technically a quirk but we needed to come up with a cover for it. It looks a lot like a support item, not to mention it makes sense to make it seem like you had an unstable quirk.

Ben nods his head as he continues to look down. The support item cover was Max's idea so no one would get any weird ideas about why Ben just now had gotten a quirk. Max even gave Ben a good set of information about his "Quirk" for anyone who gets too curious.