The getaway from the truth

2nd chappy🦶🏼🦶🏼😎

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
3rd Person POV.
.
Lauren looked at her food, now realizing what had just happened. Vanessa was dead silent. "Uhm.. Want some food.?" Vanessa snorted at the attempt of forgetting the conversation. Vanessa opened her mouth to try some food that Lauren had.

And by God if was delicious . But it didn't keep her mind off of what Lauren had said. The rice and chicken had mixed perfect with the sauce, making it spicy but also with a hint of sweetness. It was the taste you want to eat all day but know you'd get sick by doing so.

Vanessa gulped it down, a satisfied yet saddened smile. Lauren took the last few spoonfuls of her plates, eating it like it was her last meal of her life before throwing the plate and plastic silverware away. Vanessa got up from her chair, taking her bag with her.

"Come on, Lauren. Ill send a text to the two in the bathroom that we are going to check out the toy stores." Vanessa said with a smile. Lauren instantly gotten up, excited to see what she can find. Vanessa shooted a text to the group chat; that the four were in.

[messages]

Vanessa-Lauren is getting impatient, so we are going to the toy store Alr?

Arianna-  Alright, we are just going to stop by somewhere to get a quick snack and head your way

Anne- Alright

Anne- Which store are you going to? We'll meet tou there in a bit

Vanessa- Prob Build a Bear. But if we aren't there going to the candy store down at the back if the Mall, first floor.

Arianna- GET ME SOME GUMMY BEARS IF YOU GO THERE EARLY!

Vanessa- lol, Alr

[Off of Messages]

Vanessa looked back up, noticing Lauren already went ahead. Vanessa smiled, tightened her hold on the bag she was carrying and run-walked to Lauren, making sure nothing had fallen out of her bag. "You child! You better not get lost again! No matter how hard we try to keep an eye on you, you always seem to get lost you moron!" Vanessa said, almost like a mother and kid.

Lauren had an apologetic look on her face, soon turning into a happy one when she saw all the non-stuffed teddy bear selections. "Vanessa! Look, look! Theres a toothless plush! Can we get one! Pretty please!!" Lauren squawked. How to train your dragon was one of her favorite shows as a child. She even ranted about it along with teenage mutant ninja turtles in her freshman year.

Walking in, Vanessa looked around. It was a bright yellow and blue store. Almost blinding from how vibrant it was. But the variety of different things were amazing. Different teddy bears, clothes, accessories, and even mini objects for them. The mini-pink car was what Vanessa kept eyeing. But back the point;

Vanessa playfully rolled her eyes, checking if the price was in her budget, knowing damn well Lauren had forgotten to bring money with her. Vanessa nodded with approval and went on to pick one up, admiring the careful stitching and softness; then handing it to Lauren. Lauren squealed, almost running to the lady to get it stuffed.

Vanessa smiled at her friend. "Daw, what a cute couple tou two are!" And man said behind Vanessa. Lauren was to far to hear, she was way to excited. Vanessa turned around, seeing a elder man holding a white and oink teddy bear. Though it finally hit her on what the man had said.