prologue • 2

The Lan Sect leader snuggled into an embrace he was in, feeling soft, steady breaths against his chest. WangJi sighed at the comfortable position he was in, bringing the person's head at his chest closer to him. He felt unfamiliar smooth hair when he ran his fingers against it. His eyes opened, being 6am.

Then he realised.

"WHAT THE-" a voice rang closely to Nie HuaiSang's ear startling the poor Clan leader. The words coming out of HanGuang-Jun's mouth was surprising, seeing that WangJi hardly spoke, especially those types of words. WangJi's eyes were widened largely, seeing the Nie Sect Leader's face being centimetres apart, as their limbs were tangled together. The shorter male looked up at the frightened Lan Sect member.

The two stared intensely at each other for a few moments, trying to process what the hell happened. Their eyes hardly blinked in this time.

Lan WangJi finally screeched and jumped up on the bed, before trying to calm down. He ran off the bed, his back faced to the wall.

"H-how dare you sleep with me!" Lan WangJi spoke normally again, but added with a little bit of anger and embarrassment.

Nie HuaiSang looked panicked at the Lan Sect member, forgetting why he had wanted to sleep with him again. He quickly got off the bed, fixed his hair by moving some strands out of his face, then bowing towards WangJi. "I-I didn't choose to do this, HanGuang-Jun... er, you see, you-" Before the head shaker got to continue his sentence, an outburst came out from the other, surprising HuaiSang greatly.

"You're going to say you don't know? Well I don't know what the hell is going on so you head shaker should explain what is going on!" The unusual sentence left the HanGuang-Jun's mouth, which surprised HuaiSang more greatly than if Lan Qiren had seen Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian being 'lovey dovey' to each other. HuaiSang's mouth gaped in surprise, thinking to himself. 'Wow, how did Brother Wei not feel petrified after being scolded by HanGuang-Jun?'

"Well if you weren't drunk last night you would've known what you were doing and save me and you from embarrassment!" He slightly raised his voice at the Lan Clan member, which had made HuaiSang himself a little shocked at his own behaviour.

Lan Wangji was about to continue on his bizarre scolding, before he comprehended what the shorter male had said. Memories flooded of what had happened in the inn where the many gossipers were, and him stupidly deciding to drink the forbidden liquid, wine. He uncurled his fist he had created in anger, and his furrowed eyebrows loosened up, realising that it was not the Nie Sect Leader's fault that they had slept together. He looked down, putting his dead-panned, expressionless back onto his face.