Mare In The Moon

Y/n sighed and flew over the Hidden World. He had been alpha for a few months, and things were going well. But he still hadn't found a mate. No girl dragons were anyone he liked.

Stormfly was okay, but that was it. Luna wasn't his type, even though they were almost the same species. "alpha Y/n" a voice called from beside him, and the Night Fury looked at his friend Hookfang. "Yes, Hookfang?" he burbled and cocked his head.

The Monstrous Nightmare sighed and looked away from his friend. Y/n became uneasy and flew closer to the great dragon. "what's wrong, Hookfang?" Hookfang flicked his tail and steered his wings down towards a large coral that stood on its own. Y/n frowned but followed his red scaly friend and landed on the coral. He folded his wings and stared at Hookfang, who had sat down.

"Now you want to tell me what's wrong? Remember, I'm your friend, and you can tell me anything" Hookfang nodded and said, "I know, Y/n. I would, and no, this isn't dangerous, but I just wanted to say that I've found something strange in Lava Valley, and I wanted the two of us -- just the two of us -- to fly there and check it out" Y/n tilted his head "well yes I guess we can. I have no alpha things to do today anyway."

Hookfang smiled, stood up, spread his red-black crackling wings, "good, come," and then took off with Y/n following him.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

Y/n would never have been able to guess what his friend had found because before them was a tremendous pulsating portal, white with magic flowing through it.

As Y/n got a little closer, he felt something. It was like a cry from the portal as if something wanted him to go in and find whatever was on the other side "you can go in," Hookfang said. Y/n looked up at his friend and put his ears down. "are you sure? I mean, we haven't seen things like this. But you're right; I should be the one to try this out. If I don't come back, take care of the Hidden World," Hookfang nodded and hugged Y/N before the black Night Fury walked into the door of magic.

As Y/n walked through, everything suddenly became light, dark, and light again. Soon, he couldn't stay awake and fell asleep. When he woke up, he was in a different world where birds were chirping and flying around. So many forest animals were out in the kind light of the day, and Y/n stood up slowly so he wouldn't scare those animals and not get too much blood rushing to his head.

But blood was the last thing he should worry about now. He didn't know anything about where he was or what had happened. he quickly looked down at himself and saw that he was the exact black scaly figure he had always been. Then, with relief, he sat back down and looked around.

Apart from the sound of animals and the forest around him, he heard something else. Something... human-like. With ears perked forward, Y/n stood up, spread his enormous black wings, and took off.

Who knows what he would see and what it would change for him?