Goth.

He remembers that one time he asked Reaper if he had a mom. Until this point, it wasn't weird for him to have only one parent, because gods were created, not born. How excited he was when he found out that he actually did have a second one. And he met them the same day, even though the person seemed to be as surprised as him when he first visited him.

Quickly he began to understand why Geno would give up on parenting. He couldn't leave for too long, and The Screen was too cold and dark for a developing child. He was stuck between life and death, always getting dangerously to the end, but never really crossing the line.

In addition to this, his relationship with Reaper sparked a controversy amongst those living in Olympus. A half-dead man was being frowned upon after the "accident" with Chara and Life. They were still new to the multiverse thing and couldn't understand the concept of outcodes. But what happened, happened. After Goth came along, they had to accept it. Geno wasn't around for too long anyway.

One day, he just... disappeared. Suspicions were raised, some were saying that maybe he wasn't as resistant to time as they thought. But Goth knew the truth. He found out first, actually. Looking at Error always made him feel fuzzy, even before he learned he used to be his second dad.

Goth tried to make his peace with the fact that he lost his chance to have a decent bond with Geno. He even started to question what would happen if he lost Reaper, too. He wasn't paying as much attention to him as he should anyway.

As a child he tended to think that it was normal for him to be away from his dad for so long; he had a very important job that only him and uncle Grim could do. They were literally made to do it. Of course he still had his uncles and aunt Life when he wasn't around, but it did get pretty lonely from time to time, so he began wondering off from the Olympus or even his dad's AU, stumbling upon different creatures from time to time.

When he first met Paul, or Palette as he liked to be called, he immediately knew that they had many things in common.

Goth was furious when he found out that he spent most of his childhood alone in the middle of nowhere. Of course, Dream took him in right away when he found him, but it could be hard to make up for the pain.

Palette didn't seem to be bothered, though. Or he just didn't want to show it. Only sometimes he would get more clingy than most people would.

Which made Goth feel weird when he found out that his friend was leaving to pursue his dream of living on a boat. He knew that they weren't kids anymore and it was only normal for people like Paul to want something more than their boring daily life, even with their past. Goth wasn't worried about him being alone on his journey, he never had trouble making new friends.

It just hurt a little when he reminded himself that people could do just fine when he wasn't around. Reaper, his uncles and aunt, Palette, even Error. Everyone moved on, kept on changing, but it was never easy for him to follow. And Goth was left confused as what to do with it.