•extended summary•

anemoia/an-ne-mee-ah/ • nouna nostalgia for a time you've never known

anemoia
/an-ne-mee-ah/ • noun
a nostalgia for a time you've never known.

VALERIE WOJIECHOWSKI
-the smartass-
portrayed by...

CATE BLANCHETT//////////////////////////////////////////////

CATE BLANCHETT
//////////////////////////////////////////////

DARYL DIXON
-the bowman-
portrayed by...

NORMAN REEDUS//////////////////////////////////////////////TRIGGER WARNING THIS STOY WILL CONTAIN SENSITIVE CONTENT SUCH AS SUGGESTIVE SCENES, MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSULT, GORE, DEATH, MATURE LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF-HARM

NORMAN REEDUS
//////////////////////////////////////////////
TRIGGER WARNING
THIS STOY WILL CONTAIN SENSITIVE CONTENT SUCH AS SUGGESTIVE SCENES, MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSULT, GORE, DEATH, MATURE LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF-HARM. IF A CHAPTER CONTAINS THIS, IT WILL BE MARKED AT THE TOP.
//////////////////////////////////////////////

•VALERIE•
The forest. It was now the forest where I sought rest, the growing days I had spent alone in the desolate wasteland made me grow quite fond of it. I find myself admiring the serenity that flows with the cool, winding brook. Something about the sparkle that sits upon the blue. A melody without a rhythm, music without sound. The way that it is clothed by the verdant hues of green. The scent of pine and mud effortlessly floating through the air.

Yet, I push away the thoughts that ricochet though my mind; in this world we do not get the privilege to let our minds wander. That is unless you want to die a slow, fruitless death.

I have roughly 2 more hours of sunlight - just enough to start a fire, boil my water for drinking and eat. So that is what I do. I reach into my backpack to pull out my flint, water bottles and tinned soup. After setting them down, I scan the forest floor for a stone. My hand skims over a palm-sized stone, that will do nicely. I create friction with the flint and stone until sparks dance in the wind.

After boiling my water and eating, I begin to smother the flame with my boot. Depriving it of its main source of life, oxygen. I warily approach my bag, as to not make too much noise. I reach inside the bag my fingers suddenly graze the calloused rope. Perfect.

Well, perfect until I feel the all-too-familiar sensation of cold metal on the back of my skull appears.  That was not perfect. That indicates that I am royally fucked. A sharp sigh exits my mouth as I slowly raise my hands.

"Drop your weapons" the mysterious pain in my ass demands.

"Pftt, fuck no." I scoff, this person was already testing my patience.

The barrel of the gun presses firmer into the back of my skull. Receiving the message, I mumble profanities under my breath and and hand over my 6 inch hunting knife, as well as my Taurus G2C reluctantly. But what I do not hand over is my cleavage knife. No, that little beauty stays where it belongs.

Satisfied, mystery man moves the gun further but keeps it raised. "Turn around. Slowly."

Just because I'm now in a pissy mood, I decided it would be great fun to turn around very quickly. Now finally being able to see the stranger I study his face, his body language. Hey, being a "dirty little thief" can be useful in the apocalypse.
Cop. This man's body language practically screams 'Look at me i'm a cop! I have a gun and a shiny badge! Whoohoo!'

His stare lingers on my face before trailing up and down my body, pausing briefly at my chest.
Son of a bitch. I quickly raise one hand to cover my breasts bring the other to extend right before his face, curling my middle finger up.
"Look at my eyes. Not my nipples, asshat." I snarl, venom dripping from my tongue like that of a poisonous snake.
"Watch the attitude, it'd be a shame if i had to put a bullet in your brain." he warned eyes narrowing with hatred.

"Didn't know that cops were so violent, but nonetheless you wouldn't put a bullet in  my brain. You're smarter than that, asshat. You know that if you do that then you'll have every undead motherfucker on your ass." I retort. Failing to fight the devious smirk spreading across my face. I watch as his eyes widen for a moment, realising he was stupid to throw empty threats my way.

Holstering his shotgun, he inched closer to me. "We have a group y'know. We need someone like you. Quick-witted, strong. We would be happy to take you in."

"Oh how courteous of you, kind sir. But I'll have to decline your offer, asshat." I sass. "Now, if you'd just give me my fucking weapons i'll be on my way."

"Please, give us week to try n' change your mind. I know we got off on the wrong foot but I think you'll fit in great. Let's start with names, heh?"

"Three days."

"Five?"

"Fine, deal..." I try to recall if he just mentioned his name.

"It's Shane, glad to make a deal."

"Call me Val, but i'm still going to call you asshat, asshat." I huff, already debating whether I made the right choice. I mean, it's only five days right?

//////////////////////////////////////////////
HEY BITCHES!!
I'm so hyped to start this new book. I hope you guys enjoy it, if you do please vote and comment. It really helps! Thanks for clicking!! Love you! ❤️
Also, i just wanted to say thanks to my friend Amber for encouraging me to write this! Thanks Amber :)