Prologue

Shantivan

Nani smiled bashfully, discreetly glancing at the person who was assisting her in adorning an earring on her right ear, through his reflection in the mirror.

"Do I appear presentable for my grandson's roka ceremony?" Nani inquired him, as his opinion held the utmost significance to her.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have tried the smokey eye makeup. Now you look pretty, but you're on your way to looking like Annabelle," Nana said with a sheepish smile.

Nani turned around to look at him, she slapped his chest lightly with a frown adorning her forehead, "Go away from here."

"Now you're mad because I'm being honest with you. Didn't you say we should build a strong relationship by being honest with each other this time?" Nana raised an eyebrow.

Nani pouted, pushing him back lightly, "Jaa na.. go and check if Arnav bitwa is ready or not." 

Nana chuckled at her as he started to walk towards the door while looking back at her and noticed how she pulled a wet tissue to remove her eye makeup.

*******************************************************************

While Nana was on his way to Arnav's room, he happened to encounter Mama and Mami walking in the corridor and unintentionally overheard their conversation.

"Why did you wear this bright lime green saree Manorama? Couldn't you save it for another occasion other than our Arnav bitwa and Khushi bitiya's roka ceremony? You're going to steal the bride's limelight today," Mama sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. He looked at her side again and ended up squirming his eyes dramatically as a reaction to the bright color of her outfit.  

"Hello hi bye bye.. I'm not going to steal her lemonlight (limelight), I'm going to follow her everywhere she goes and be her lemonlight! My sparkling saree will bring light to her and make sure she shines everywhere,"  Manorama replied proudly while adjusting her saree on her shoulder. 

"And you look exceptionally lovely, Mano!" Nana playfully complimented Mama, siding with Mami as he approached them.

Mami looked at Nana smiling blushingly, "Thankwa.. Thankwa.. sasur ji (Thank you)," then she shifted her attention back to her husband, "See.. learnwa something from your father!" 

Mama looked at Nana accusingly and whined, "Kya babu ji.. why are you making me look like the bad guy now?" 

"Because I just became a bad boy to your mother now," Nana thought with a sheepish smile, and then he pulled Mama with him, saying, "Let's go see if Arnav is ready or not."

Mami was left alone as father and son proceeded towards Arnav's room. She shrugged and went downstairs, only to find Anjali, Payal, and Saahil checking the gift baskets for Khushi. They were confirming the items according to the list they had made, ensuring that they had not forgotten anything.

"Hello hi bye bye.. don't forgetwa my gifts!" Mami approached them, standing beside Anjali. 

Anjali smiled at her, "I didn't forget it Mami.. your spa voucher, make up and skin care kits are here only."

"I think we're done!" Payal said.

"I hope Khushi likes all the jewelry we're giving her. Some of them are from Nani and Ma, and they're vintage, so I hope she doesn't think they're too old-fashioned to wear on her wedding day!" Anjali said, smiling nervously.

"Don't worry, Anjali ma'am. Khushi will treasure these jewels as if they were the most precious possessions in the world when she learns that they belonged to Devyani ma'am and Boss's mother," Sahil said confidently. He blinked at Anjali reassuringly, and she returned the gesture with a gentle smile.