The Secret of the Planet's Paralysis

After leaving Spiritomb's territory, Grovyle led Gladi and Nuria to a hiding spot where they couldn't be spotted easily.

"So what happens in the future?" Gladi asked. "Why did the planet become paralyzed?"

"The cause of the planet's paralysis dates back to your time in the past. It started with the collapse of Temporal Tower, which was governed by Dialga," he explained.

"And who's Dialga?" Nuria asked.

"He's the legendary pokemon that controls time. He ensures the proper flow of time from Temporal Tower. But when it collapsed, time gradually got out of control and eventually the planet fell into paralysis."

"And what happened to Dialga?"

"When time went out of whack, Dialga also lost control. Now, here in your future, the planet has become fully paralyzed. And thus Dialga has lost almost all his reason and is governed by darkness. He's now beyond recognition and has become an entirely different entity. He has been transformed into Primal Dialga, a primordial presence." Grovyle answered. "Primal Dialga feels no emotion. He seeks only self-preservation so he prevents history from changing. That's why Dialga wants me gone... because I tried to change history and tried to stop the planet's paralysis."

"So you're saying you went back in time to try and prevent the planet's paralysis?" Gladi questioned. "If that's true then why didn't tell people that before Dusknoir came into the picture? He said that you were trying to cause the planet's paralysis by stealing the Time Gears."

At the mention of Dusknoir, Grovyle sighed in annoyance. "You've got to be joking. I was collecting the Time Gears because they prevent the planet's paralysis. I needed to take them to Temporal Tower and put them in place. Doing that would've reversed the collapse of Temporal Tower, which was fully underway in your time. While it is true that removing a Time Gear from a specific place causes time to stop in that area, it's only temporary. After all the Time Gears are put into Temporal Tower, time would've been fully restored to normal everywhere."

"But what about everything Dusknoir said about you being an outlaw that tried to go back in time to escape him?" Nuria asked.

"He's an agent sent from this future by Primal Dialga," Grovyle stated. "He wants to do everything he can to get rid of me too."

Gladi simply nodded while Nuria was overwhelmed by shock and disbelief.

"I know it's hard for you to believe..." Grovyle began to say but was quickly cut off.

"Is everyone just a bad pokemon in this time!? First a thief and now a liar... everyone from this time must be rotten in some way."

Grovyle narrowed his eyes at the Vulpix. "And you're completely innocent here? Cause at first your partner here was alone when she first found me and she seemed shocked that you came to our aid against Spiritomb. It was easy to figure out that you had pretty much abandoned your friend. What kind of a strong and kind person does that? Let someone close to them face danger alone?"

Nuria flinched at his words.

"When times are tough, you have to remain strong. Crumbling to despair will do nothing good for you."

Silence fell in between the group until Gladi spoke up. "So what are you going to do now, Grovyle?"

"I'm going back to the past again to stop the planet's paralysis," he answered. "I need to find Celebi to do that."

"Who's that?"

Grovyle didn't answer, only started walking towards his destination. Gladi and Nuria followed. Eventually, they found themselves standing at the entrance of a forested area.