Double Proposal

David was in a rush. He wanted to make the best proposal possible.

Him and Daniel were dating for 1 year. They had gotten together after the summer camp ended. The blond had gotten therapy, and he was trying to leave the past behind. The ginger had seen how much he was trying, so he gave him another chance. And that was the start of the relationship. 

Daniel was changed. He was a whole new different person. David was proud of him. Of course he had his flaws and he was still not fully healed. He still had the urges to kill. At first he would kill animals instead of humans to push down those urges. He knew it was wrong, but the ginger couldn't blame him. After years of being in the cult. He knew it was hard. Recently the blond had lost those urges too.

Right after the summer camp ended everyone's parents came to pick their children up. Except for one kid, Max.

His parents never came. David called his mom first. Several times. She didn't respond. Then he tried calling his dad. After several attemps of calling and finally giving up he responded. Daniel was comforting Max next to David while he talked with the kid's dad. The call was short. As soon as the call finished the kid's dad hung up the phone right into the ginger's face, not letting him give an answer.

They had left him here just to get rid of him. They probably saw him as a burden. Max knew this was going to happen. Either they were going to pick him up and abuse him like they always did, or never pick him up. 

They had chosen the second option. Probably the best for the both sides.

David had always seen Max as his son. After learning how cruel people his parents were he wanted to adopt him. But he knew that his parents were going to pick him up after the summer ends. That's what happens every summer. They leave their children to them. They spend most of the summer together. Right after they are attached to them the parents pick them up. It was hard to let them go. Sure, he had his troubles with them, but he still loved them all equally. At least that's what he kept telling the campers. Everyone knew this was not true. Because he was now used to letting them go after several summers, but this kid was different. He just wouldn't get over his leaving. 

So he adopted him. He adopted Max with Daniel.

The blue-hoodied boy was not very delighted by the fact that he was now going to live with the bat-shit crazy cultist who tried to kill them several times. But David was so assured that Daniel had changed. 

Max had to get used to Daniel. Changing David's mind was difficult. He had already learnt this by the end of the summer looking back at their adventures during the summer.

Not soon after he got used to Daniel. He also started to call David dad. At first the word accidently slipped out of his mouth, but slowly he used it more oftenly. He refused to call Daniel that. Getting used to Daniel wasn't going to change his thoughts about the blond. He still hated Daniel and Daniel hated Max. They were just tolerating eachother for the ginger. That was how their relationship proceeded. Fighting while David didn't look at them and acting like they were the best buddies while he was near them.

And all of these brings us back to the start of the story. The proposal.

David was begging Max to help him propose to Daniel. It was 5 in the morning. How was this guy this energetic at this hour? "Max, please! You gotta help me! Daniel is the most perfect person in this world and i need to give him the perfect proposal!" The kid was still in his pajamas, making coffee for himself while the ginger went on and on about how much of a great person Daniel was and how he wanted to propose to him in the best way as possible. "Dad, are you really *this* fucking desperate that you are asking a 10-year-old for advice at 5 in the morning?" he snapped.